PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

CK74
02-01-16, 13:26
Hi. I'm experiencing numerous panic attacks every morning and they last until at least early afternoon. Mornings are terrible and just wondering if anybody else has had the same and what you do to deal with them. I am a mum of 2 young boys and finding it very very difficult and very down. I take diazepam and propanol as well as methazipine. I am only on a low dose for the propanol and diazepam. Some advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance x

sandie
02-01-16, 13:47
I think the only advice I would give you in these circumstances is to go to your GP and explain what is happening to you.

I cannot find references to Methazipine. Do you mean Mirtazapine ? If this is the case then there is quite a lot on NMP about Mirtazapine and heightened anxiety - and it sounds as though this is what you might be experiencing.

Carolin
02-01-16, 13:59
I too would say contact your GP.

It sounds like your meds aren't suiting you.
It is scary to have panic attacks when you are responsible for young children. I have been there and sympathise.

Your GP needs to be aware, then they can look at changing your dose,or even trying something else. xx

ChrisScotland
02-01-16, 15:03
Hi. I have always been told that exercise is good for getting rid of anxiety, especially the nervous tension you get. If possible, going for a walk or jog might help. Or some other activity to keep your brain from focusing too much on the negative side of things.

I would also say go back to your GP, your meds don't seem to be doing the trick.

Lan69
02-01-16, 16:11
I agree with everyone else go back to your doctors
I suffered badly with this when I was on citalopram it was an awful time. I was also on propanolol 3x40 mg a day they did help with the physical symptoms but not with the mental ones.

jenlun
02-01-16, 16:24
Same advise as the ones above. See your GP. In my case, taking long walks was very helpfull. When out walking, try to focus on "here and now". It's a kind of mindfulness approach that helped me a lot. Focusing on your breathing, the steps og you take when walking etc stops your brain from ruminating on negative thoughts. This is really helpfull when you get it working.
Walking or any kind of activity really helps, especially when the symptoms are severe and panic is close. Hope you find a way to cope:)