PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety and aging

Weasley123
02-01-16, 20:29
I'm wondering if worsening HA is common with age. I never had issues until I was 34 and found a breast lump, a Fibradenoma. Once I knew it was benign I stopped worrying it's still there. Two years later at 36 I had a mass freak out over stomach issues then at the end of this summer I got scared over melanoma. I'm doing ok now, though still check my moles a lot. I worry about my husband a lot he had fasting blood sugar of 112 in September which is pre diabetic. He has dieted and list 20 lbs which is great and he's very active. He plans to recheck in a year. I still worry about his heart and diabetes. The thing is I've always worried but not about our health particularly until late 30s. I'll be 38 March 26, hubby is a few months younger. I love our life together with our pets, but m very worried our best years are over. It's like a nagging bad thought at the back of my head that I an usually push aside. I worry that living in NJ, not having kids by choice, eating fatty food and drinking wine doom me to breast cancer, which my aunt got at about 50. That's the only family connection other then cousins on my moms side. So no first degree relatives. I'm not over weight and I walk every where and I do eat veg but my diets not perfect. That said I love to eat good find and relax with a bottle of wine on Saturday night so I dont want to give that up and so many health nuts get cancer too. I worry the diabetes in my husbands family dooms him to heart disease even with exercise. I just worrt will get worse not better with age. I'd appreciate any positive advice.

Traceypo
02-01-16, 22:10
I understand all your worry hun, but ask yourself, is worrying about it all the time going to change the outcome.
Your husband has made some really positive changes, he's done all he can, hopefully that will reflect next September in his results.
I empathise with you, as I also worry about everything that's beyond my control.
Xxx

Weasley123
02-01-16, 22:46
I understand all your worry hun, but ask yourself, is worrying about it all the time going to change the outcome.
Your husband has made some really positive changes, he's done all he can, hopefully that will reflect next September in his results.
I empathise with you, as I also worry about everything that's beyond my control.
Xxx

Thank u Tracey. I'm working on it. I realize that Everything is good now and I need to focus on that. I think part of my worry is we have a stay cation coming up in February I don't want to screw it up with worry