PDA

View Full Version : Irritability

Ssmith
02-01-16, 21:13
Does anybody else experience periods of irritability? Like intense feelings of irritability where ANYTHING can make you angry. I get scared because i have intrusive thoughts of hurting people but also very irritable as well with people and worry i might act on that irritability. I tend to stay in the house as much as possible so that doesn't happen

Danielle87
02-01-16, 22:19
Have you spoken to a doctor about how you're feeling? I was initially put on sertraline for the same reason in my teens. Try not to worry as everyone has intrusive thoughts to some extent - it doesn't mean you really want to act on these feelings, or will act on them....though I know how distressing it can be to have them, and I always feel incredibly guilty for having thoughts like it.

Fishmanpa
02-01-16, 23:53
I don't suffer from anxiety. I do have bouts of "scanxiety" related to follow ups from my cancer. My "scanxiety" manifests itself in irritability of some of the most inane things... Intrusive thoughts?... other than wanting to strangle the idiot texting and weaving all over the road or stuffing a rag in a screaming kids mouth in the store, nothing out of the ordinary ~lol~

I have a chill pill I take to help (Buspar) and I do find that after a week on it the irritability wanes quite a bit. Once I get the all clear, all returns to normal :)

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
03-01-16, 01:32
i get Irritability frequently its horrible x

Magic
03-01-16, 18:49
I am the same Sam. Just feel alright, then suddenly it's bad mood.(keep away from me, or else") i can feel it in my stomach. i have chill pills if it gets so bad i want to dive under the bed covers.
Luckily it has only happened once in the last few days. I am sending you :hugs::hugs:x

uru
03-01-16, 22:32
Depression has killed my irritability. I'd love to be irritable. ;)