PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

AnxiouslyScared
03-01-16, 07:42
Hello,
My name is Carol. I'm married and a stay at home mom to 2 kids going on 3. I was first diagnosed with general anxiety disorder in April of 2014. I also get depressed every now and then but my anxiety is more prominent. Ever since my first panic attack I've been struggling everyday with some form of anxiety. I started Paxil on August or September of 2014 and I started to wean of this past summer doing a 10% taper but I found out I was pregnant and I had to wean off even faster. Honestly, 10% taper made me feel horrible but once I went faster and completely came off I felt back to normal within a week but still with anxiety lol. I have taught myself to manage it while on the Paxil (even though it only worked the first 3 months). I still have my bad days. I use meditation, binaural beats, soothing music , aromatherapy, and massage therapy to help a quick anxiety or panic attack. But when it's a thought I'm obsessing over I have to constantly ask my husband or search things online (which is how I found this site) to reassure myself that everything is fine and it's just my anxiety. I also try to write everything down in an anxiety journal. It usually takes me about a week or two to fully get over the obsessive thought and then I usually move on to the next one lol but I'm trying to work on that. I know I'm starting to annoy my husband and family with my constant thoughts and fears. I'm even annoying myself. I want to conquer this and get better for my children and my marriage. I hope speaking to others that understand what I'm going through will help me on my journey for serenity.

venusbluejeans
03-01-16, 07:47
Hiya AnxiouslyScared and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: