PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Anxious Lawyer
03-01-16, 12:25
As a newbie to all of this the irony is I feel anxious writing this. Just over a year ago I went to the doctors with sleep problems and I was diagnosed with mild to moderate anxiety and depression. I was prescribed sleeping tablets but turned down antidepressants as I was ashamed and didn't want to admit I needed that much help. I told myself good sleep would solve all. I also went along to 12 sessions of cbt told myself I was cured and how wrong I was. 2016 has been really tough with multiple panic attacks that leave me depressed and exhausted and thinking horrible thoughts. At the end of November I finally went back to the doctors and asked for antidepressants. I am currently on 150mg daily of trazodone but feel no different and have had 2 panic attacks since. Is there any daylight at the end of the tunnel because talk about feeling hopeless

venusbluejeans
03-01-16, 12:31
Hiya Anxious Lawyer and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

uru
03-01-16, 15:16
Hi!

Your story sounds just like mine. First the sleep problems, then the crash. Happened to me in November too.

What are you anxious about?

Anxious Lawyer
03-01-16, 18:21
Everything and anything it seems - difficult to put my finger on one particular thing but my doctor seems to thinks it's a self esteem issue