PDA

View Full Version : Stress triggered anxiety

raspberry22
03-01-16, 13:05
I am really scared of dying or my boyfriend dying or my baby dying and I don't think my reasons are logical but my anxiety is making me think it is going to happen.

This has all come on due to a stressful night where we had a leak and flooded the bathroom and kitchen.

I don't know why this stressful experience has triggered my anxiety but I just feel so on edge and I can't relax :( I think it might be because the electricity also went off and I got really scared.

I then started worrying about chemicals and being poisoned, and the fact water had gone onto plates, food, etc. I was convinced my baby was going to die last night, I was so worried chemicals might have gotten onto him.

Then this morning I was worried the toast was going to poison us somehow, i.e. something might have gotten onto the toaster or the utensils.

I don't know if I need help now or what... my anxiety has been worse since having a baby a month ago but I'm a bit worried about mentioning it to the health visitor.

uru
03-01-16, 15:21
Contamination fear is very common on here. You're not alone :)

Have you been to see a doctor?

raspberry22
03-01-16, 15:29
Hello, no I've not been to the dr... I keep putting it off thinking each anxiety episode is a one off and that it will get better :-/ I don't think it is though. I have never washed my hands so much in my life and they are so dry and getting cracked and sore :(

I also dont want to go on medication because I dont feel it does anything (I have been on meds 6+ years ago), plus I am breastfeeding so I dont want to take anything really.

So the other option is counselling but I understand there is a waiting list for NHS?

uru
03-01-16, 15:35
Ere is a waiting list unless you can pay yourself.

I would suggest going to see a doctor first.