PDA

View Full Version : Shooting/stabbing pains in arms and legs

Anonybrit
03-01-16, 17:14
Hi guys,

My health anxiety has been at bay for almost a year but the last few weeks it has begun ratcheting up.

Currently my issue is with about 6 weeks of stabbing/shooting mild aches. It's like a point, usually in my arms or legs but sometimes back or shoulders, that will throb and ache for a second before stopping and moving on somewhere else.

I have been training 6 days a week in weights and full contact martial arts so I suppose it could be related but the pain comes on even after taking a few days rest.

They're the kinds of weird little brief pains everyone gets from time to time but much much more frequent than usual.

I can't get MS out of my head, although I haven't noticed any weakness or numbness/tingling etc.

Fishmanpa
03-01-16, 17:24
I have been training 6 days a week in weights and full contact martial arts so I suppose it could be related but the pain comes on even after taking a few days rest.

DOMS... Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and normal aches and pains in light of your training schedule IMO. Try to think logically here. You wouldn't be able to maintain that level of physical activity if something sinister were going on.

Positive thoughts

Anonybrit
03-01-16, 18:51
It's not DOMS because I'm familiar with that pain and it's constant, but you're probably right that it's related to the exercise somehow because it's pretty rough.

It's just the weird little shooting pains in places like my fingers that seem harder to explain :(

Anonybrit
04-01-16, 07:31
Sigh, I can't even sleep for going over this and analysing every little feeling :( really didn't want to get like this again