PDA

View Full Version : Omg help me

Helpme85
03-01-16, 17:23
I've been having dizzyness, short of breath, heart racing, stomach upset, uncontrollable shaking out of nowhere as of I'm cold and feel cold, get numb and muscle weakness. Chest feels,weird. On busbar for so called anxiety. Had heart checked out a year ago blood pressure pills. Are 30. Everything was fine with my 2d eco and ekg. Seen,ear doctor all is good. Just now I'm home alone with my gfs daughter and I started trembling and shacking while laying down on my phone. Have a weird feeling in my,chest twitching feeling in muscles etc. Should I go,to,er!

Fishmanpa
03-01-16, 17:28
Sounds like a panic attack. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms) Hope you feel better!

Positive thoughts

Helpme85
03-01-16, 17:37
I'm shaking so bad! Do I need er am dieing can't breath

Shazamataz
03-01-16, 17:56
It really sounds like a panic attack and it's not fun. I'd suggest getting up and about and doing something like housework to distract you from it. Sometimes that works for me. Good luck!

Fishmanpa
03-01-16, 17:57
No one can really tell you that but my thinking is, if you can post here and wait for reassurance responses, then no, you don't need the ER. Try some controlled deep breathing and distraction to take your mind off of it.

Positive thoughts

Autumn4
03-01-16, 17:58
Control your breathing - breathe in for 4 & out for 8 or in for 7 & out for 11. Basically breathe out for longer than the in breath to rebalance your oxygen levels. It sounds as if you have been hyperventilating. It happens to me & I shake uncontrollably. Keep calm & concentrate on the out breath. Practice this breathing often not just when its needed. I hope you are feeling bit better.

Pepperpot
03-01-16, 18:00
Nope, you aren't dying if you can write on here.

Controlled breathing will help - http://patient.info/health/controlled-breathing-pursed-lips-breathing

Also, take sips of water, and do something to distract you. Maybe jog on the spot, grab a book, start chatting with your gf's daughter - ANYTHING x

Helpme85
03-01-16, 18:03
Think I need help. I'm a little,better now but concerned

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Thank you all so much. This sucks!

Pepperpot
03-01-16, 18:20
It's exactly what happened to me - I was shopping on the settee on my iPad and heard some noises which gave me a fright - I ended up with numb legs and arms and face, I had pins and needles in them, I kept pacing up and down to the point where my husband told me to sit down (but not in a very nice way lol), I kept going to the toilet as I felt sick, but didn't know whether I needed a number two or to be sick, my chest was tight, I felt like I was being strangled and I felt like I was basically losing the plot. It is anxiety. You WILL calm down. You have anxiety anyway, so you're on this site where we can reassure you. I had never experienced anything like this before so I really thought I was dying lol x

Autumn4
03-01-16, 18:25
It does suck & it does feel terrifying but it is the same every time we get these feelings. I sometimes find that even if I feel I can't breathe , feel dizzy ,sick etc if i jog on the spot & swing my arms around even for just a minute or two it uses up some of the adrenaline & I feel a bit better. Even telling myself - "oh well here it comes again so what Ive got through it many times so come on lets do it again but your beginning to bore me as its just more of the same " - saying something like that takes some of its power away as we logically know we have had it many times before & we are still here !

Helpme85
03-01-16, 23:47
The uncontrollable shaking is what really gets to me, than I feel my pulse, then I can't breath, than I cannot swallow then I get more shaky and start pacing...then I take a xanax and head to the hospital thinking something really bad is wrong and by the time I get there I am done shaking so I turn,around and come home.

Pepperpot
03-01-16, 23:49
The uncontrollable shaking is what really gets to me, than I feel my pulse, then I can't breath, than I cannot swallow then I get more shaky and start pacing...then I take a xanax and head to the hospital thinking something really bad is wrong and by the time I get there I am done shaking so I turn,around and come home.

You feel your pulse - you panic cos it's fast - then cos you're panicking you start getting breathless. It's a vicious cycle. Instead of rushing to the hospital, distract yourself. x

Helpme85
04-01-16, 00:09
But what is this shaking from. I've had shortness of breath heart racing, pump in throat but this shaking just started within the last month and has happened 3 times already. It like all my muscle tighten or twitch. Then,I visually,start shaking.

Fishmanpa
04-01-16, 01:03
But what is this shaking from. I've had shortness of breath heart racing, pump in throat but this shaking just started within the last month and has happened 3 times already. It like all my muscle tighten or twitch. Then,I visually,start shaking.

Excess adrenaline in your system from the panic....

Positive thoughts

Pepperpot
04-01-16, 03:11
Excess adrenaline in your system from the panic....

Positive thoughts

He's right - adrenaline comes out in different ways. Numbnesss, shaking etc.

Helpme85
05-01-16, 01:08
Does anyone's stomach get bloated with all this?

Gjr
05-01-16, 22:40
Does anyone's stomach get bloated with all this?

Yep, my panic attacks start with the hyperventilation then the bloating which makes breathing more restrained, which then increases panic. If it's a bad one then the shaking starts which as other posters have said is pure adrenalin.

I have learned the signs now so have less panics but health anxiety is something I am far away from controlling unfortunately