PDA

View Full Version : Mornings are horrible!

Shazamataz
03-01-16, 18:13
Hi All,
Not sure what section to put this in so I'll give it a go under 'symptoms'.

I'm on day 18 citalopram (also have diazepam as needed and olanzapine temporarily to help me sleep through the night).

Originally I was hardly sleeping and up half the night in severe anxiety, made worse by not getting more than 4 hours sleep.

Since olanzapine I sleep quite well but the past few mornings wake earlyish, about 6 (I'm off work so no need to be up so early) with horrible, horrible feelings over my entire body. Hot and prickly but no fever, nausea and an overall feeling of dread. I try to get back to sleep for a bit but the feelings get worse.

Yesterday was the worst and I felt like my anxiety was at about a 9 all morning and wasn't able to leave the house, which made things worse I feel.

Does anyone else have this and have any tips for getting going in the mornings? If I sit around it makes it worse but the idea of doing anything at all is such a struggle.

Help?

silver blaze
04-01-16, 09:22
I hate mornings

Blonde123
04-01-16, 09:44
Hi, I find I get to sleep fine and stay asleep but when I wake up my anxiety is there. It's awful. Sometimes I don't even know why I'm anxious. Is a terrible feeling.

Shazamataz
04-01-16, 20:23
It really is horrible, like I'm anxious before I even wake up. Not a great way to start the day and I'm pretty much paralysed by it at this point. Just hoping the meds kick in soon and I can get some relief! Makes me dread going to bed :(

hyg
04-01-16, 21:07
Hi- this is one of the reasons I went back on meds. For months on and off I had been battling with anxiety and it was at its worst on waking. I was waking very early with mind chatter and feeling really sick sometimes I would dry wretch trying to vomit. I felt " scared " but there was nothing to worry about. so I know how you feel. I dreaded going to bed knowing what the morning would bring. My meds haven't kicked in fully yet so still feel sick some mornings. your not alone with this but it's another anxiety symptom so hopefully with meds and time you can improve .:hugs: I

AdamE
04-01-16, 21:20
I have been in the same boat along with a lot of other symptoms. But yes, I can fall asleep just fine but man-o-man I up at 4am and that's final! When I wake up and then try to go to sleep my body gives me this huge irritability feeling that is not so fun. I finally yell out, FINE I'M UP! I normally don't have a huge issue laying there though.

But I think I'm finally going to listen to my doctor and start on some meds. I really didn't want to and tried some holistic approaches and a psychologist but I think my anxiety is far too much to bare without meds at least for now. Nausea is my worst and almost always is my symptom. I hate that the most. I also hate that meds can take a while to get working. But hopefully Wednesday I'll be back on some stuff and I'll have to stick through the side effects when they arrive. I normally quit when I got those. Made my already horrible anxiety X100. :( I hope you start feeling better everyone!

Shazamataz
09-01-16, 06:34
Hi- this is one of the reasons I went back on meds. For months on and off I had been battling with anxiety and it was at its worst on waking. I was waking very early with mind chatter and feeling really sick sometimes I would dry wretch trying to vomit. I felt " scared " but there was nothing to worry about. so I know how you feel. I dreaded going to bed knowing what the morning would bring. My meds haven't kicked in fully yet so still feel sick some mornings. your not alone with this but it's another anxiety symptom so hopefully with meds and time you can improve .:hugs: I

Thanks for sharing. I've gotten to the point I dread going to bed because then I'll have to wake up feeling awful. Still awaiting meds to work. What are you taking?

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I have been in the same boat along with a lot of other symptoms. But yes, I can fall asleep just fine but man-o-man I up at 4am and that's final! When I wake up and then try to go to sleep my body gives me this huge irritability feeling that is not so fun. I finally yell out, FINE I'M UP! I normally don't have a huge issue laying there though.

But I think I'm finally going to listen to my doctor and start on some meds. I really didn't want to and tried some holistic approaches and a psychologist but I think my anxiety is far too much to bare without meds at least for now. Nausea is my worst and almost always is my symptom. I hate that the most. I also hate that meds can take a while to get working. But hopefully Wednesday I'll be back on some stuff and I'll have to stick through the side effects when they arrive. I normally quit when I got those. Made my already horrible anxiety X100. :( I hope you start feeling better everyone!

Oh, the anxiety starting meds for me this time has been out of this world! Ideally you would get a standard medication and have some valium or something for emergencies when the anxiety gets out of control just short term. Unfortunately I haver become tolerant of valium in the last three months so still have to take it but get no relief whatsoever :(