PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Zootsfroots
23-02-07, 01:43
Hi everyone, just found this great site. My situation: I recently had a long bout of depression and eventually found a few things that worked for me - therapy, getting some distance on my destructive family (by moving to another country - it totally works), St John's Wort, meditation and a brilliant book called Undoing Depression by Richard O'Connor. I still feel down sometimes but it doesn't get as bad now that I try to find someone I can talk with before it gets too bad. But what I've started to notice is how often I'm anxious, just really, really sick with it. For the last three years I had a constant sensation of a big hard knot in my chest. I think I've been coping with it for so long that I don't know what normal is supposed to feel like anymore.
If I'm feeling anxious, I often avoid friends because I feel bad and I put off doing some things that I really should do, which of course makes me feel even worse. I'm here because I want to face up to this, and do something positive instead of just sabotaging myself and feeling ashamed about it afterwards. Advice from reformed procrastinators and social avoiders, please. (Phew, long post!)

manmoor
23-02-07, 01:45
Hi Zoot,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

wobily_lin
23-02-07, 06:40
Elo Zoot,,

Welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ya on board hun x

nomorepanic
23-02-07, 11:40
Hi Zoot

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Please feel free to ask any questions you want to.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice.

trac67
23-02-07, 11:46
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

kittykat
23-02-07, 13:23
Hi Zoot,

Welcome to the site. Take care

shirley xx