PDA

View Full Version : Arrhythmias when you get sick?

panicface
03-01-16, 22:03
I have a history of ectopic beats. Have worn a holter several times. The one off skipped beat or flutter no longer bothers me (so much).

However I feel I have this 'early warning system' - whenever I get sick (strep throat, tonsillitis, bad stomach, or sometimes when I start a course of antibiotics) I'll throw a series of weird palps..

I'll be laying in bed feeling bad and then I'll get a normal flip beat, but then it goes all funky - a bunch of fast, random beats (like fireworks) it usually lasts about 5 seconds or so - just time enough for me to realize it's not normal, jump up, run to get dressed (so i'm not found dead naked) - and I cough alot because I read that helps.

From day to day I rarely get any palps - just happens when I get sick - anyone else have these and can provide some feedback or understanding?

Thanks very much - sitting in a hotel room in Amsterdam feeling terrible about this.

jenni89
03-01-16, 22:53
I tend to have a lot of heart issues when sick, especially elevated heart rates. Anything really can set off ectopics if you're prone to getting them. I couldn't help but laugh about the part where you said you hurry up and get dressed because you don't want to be found dead naked lol. I often feel that way, I've cut showers early for that very reason!

panicface
07-01-16, 04:06
Just an update - turned out to just be swollen glands in neck and sore throat. Palps stopped after my immune system kicked in and things normalized ;)