PDA

View Full Version : Salt/Sodium and Sleep

Blinkyrocket
04-01-16, 05:17
http://m.ajh.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/1/1.short

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=187486

Just posting for the people who might think sodium restriction is vital for a healthy diet, and are therefore suffering from insomnia. Sodium restriction increases sympathetic nervous system activity and generally doesn't really improve health (definitely harmed it significantly in my case, insomnia and delusions and suffering). Idk if any of you care about sodium but this is just for those who think sodium restriction might help anxiety, I hold a strong position for this because of the results of sodium restriction and "8 cups of water a day" drinking in me, body temperature reduced drastically, constantly shivering , heart pounding, insomnia, delusions, confusion, and occasional auditory hallucinations. Obviously my case is severe probably because I'm already constantly hypovolemic or have hypotonic blood/plasma which is evidenced by the fact that I usually have enough of a sodium craving to get in at least 6000 Mg a day. Bottom line, salt has actually been a good sleep promoter for me (it's also slightly antihistaminergic or whatever the word for that would be), it might help others who limit their salt intake. And before you say "this only accounts for people who are hypovolemic", in my experience, eating more salt than I usually would helps so this MIGHT apply to people who don't necessarily have a sever electrolyte imbalance like I did because there's this whole science to the conductivity and tone of you blood plasma and its effects on health, you don't want dehydration cuz then you have high conductivity and usually low tone or hypovolemic or whatever, but you don't want low conductivity either. Salt consumption also ties into the renin aldosterone angiotensin system too but it's pretty complex so blah blah blah you get it already :P

I'm not sure if sodium lowers angiotensin in both the brain and the blood or just the blood, because angiotensin in the brain is anxiogenic and that would mean sodium could be slightly anxiolytic in physiological amounts. (huge injected amounts cause panic attacks just like sodium lactate does)

Idk if you can take my word for it though because salt actually lowered my blood pressure.

uru
04-01-16, 07:46
Thanksmfor'postijg this :)

Blinkyrocket
04-01-16, 17:40
You're welcome O_o