PDA

View Full Version : May have some physical issues, or I could just have anxiety.

StarsDie
04-01-16, 05:49
My name is Kyle. I am 27 years old.

In May of 2015 I had a lymph node in my parotid gland surgically removed because it had grown to the size of a grape. Pathology revealed no cancer, and only showed I was positive for toxoplasmosis and a bartonella infection. I had recently gotten new kittens in February, so this seemed very likely.

I wasn't prescribed anything for the infection. But I was prescribed a post surgery antibiotic -- Clindamycin. This antibiotic gave me a C. Difficile infection, which had to be treated with Flagyl. It seemed to have done the trick.

Despite all of this, I seem to be getting more and more 'little' things popping up. My canker sore frequency went from about 4-7 a year to about 40 over the course of 2015. I also recently developed a hydrocele cyst on my epididymis (area on testicle). I'm now getting random joint pains (mostly in knees), urethra pain, lumpy muscles, more frequent headaches (when they were already abnormally frequent likely due to post-concussion syndrome from being a reckless kid), random allergic rashes and my normally mild IBS has become worse with more frequent flare ups. (I do tend to drink very strong coffee almost every day though.)

The recent thing for me is finding lumps on my left leg calf muscles. 2 have popped up these past few days. I don't know if they're normal, like knots or trauma or something... Or if I should be concerned. I see "sarcoma" everywhere on the internet when I try to figure this out and it sends me into panic mode.

I've struggled with anxiety most of my life, but it got significantly worse starting in 2008 when I was 20 years old. Had to see psychiatrists for it and everything.

Anyways... That's some back story for me. Hopefully someone can shed some light on my most recent anxiety-inducing physical issue.

venusbluejeans
04-01-16, 05:55
Hiya StarsDie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

StarsDie
05-01-16, 15:56
I hope so too :)
Thanks.