PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this pattern?

uru
04-01-16, 07:42
So I seem to have this weird thing where I have constant acid reflux and Globus, almost like a low level anxiety thing, then when a major episode hits the reflux and Globus symptoms all vanish.

It makes me wonder if there were ever there in the first place if they can vanish so quickly.

MyNameIsTerry
04-01-16, 07:55
Yeah, that sounds odd. You would think they would flare up even worse when a major anxiety episode hits.

One pain does lessen another, as the saying goes. I tend to find some of mine are masked by worse ones so I get frustrated by what seems like a new one popping up but I've learned to remember they were low-level in the past so it's just my focus shifting. It seems strange to have that with reflux though, not suggesting it's anything bad, just that I haven't come across it myself but then I don't have much in the way of acid issues and someone else with more experience may know why it happens.

uru
04-01-16, 08:55
I wonder whether the reflux was a symptom of low level stress. I had the reflux issues for about a year then BOOM when I had my recent episode they all stopped. Perhaps they were the warning sign?