PDA

View Full Version : MY WEE BOY

Laurie28
22-09-04, 12:00
Hiya Guys,

My oldest son (aged 7) was complaining yesterday lunchtime about his chest 'nipping'. He said it was right in the centre of the chest. He was alos complaining of stomachache. When he was eating his lunchh he said he couldn't breath (although he was talking and eating therefore I knew he could) he has mentioned a couple of times in the last month about his chest nipping but got over it in a minute. yesterday he told me he had to sit out at gym as he couldn't breathe (i know he could but u guys will know what THAT feeling is like ) but the school didn't send a note hope telling me about this. Last night I noticed when he was ruuning around that is when his stomach started to hurt....

I have an emergency appointment with the doctor tonight at 5pm but am really worried

Thanks
Lucky

seh1980
22-09-04, 12:32
hello there Lucky,

Sorry to hear that your son has been feeling unwell!!

Try not to worry about it too much - kids always have something wrong with them - something small that they soon get over. They're kids and they're indestructable!!

Let us know what the doctor says, OK? Good luck!!

Sarah :D

KW
22-09-04, 12:39
Hi Lucky

Sorry to hear about your son not feeling well. Hopefully all will be ok and it's good your seeing the doc about it. Good luck!

KW

jill
22-09-04, 15:40
Hello Lucky,

sorry your son is not feeling very well.
Wishing him well.

Jill

Laurie28
23-09-04, 15:38
He's fine!!!

The doctor couldn't find any explanation for what his pains were!!!

He said possibly growing pains(?) but anyway his chest was clear.

Strange thing is that since last night he hasn't complained one!!

Very weird

Thanks for your messages

Lucky

Meg
23-09-04, 15:46
Glad to hear all is well Lucky

Meg

jill
23-09-04, 16:29
Hello Lucky

:D:DGREAT NEWS:D:D

My daughter suffers with growing pains i massarge the spot and it goes away lLOL

jILL :D:D:D

Laurie28
23-09-04, 16:50
Thanks meg

Jill - I'd better not tell him that or he'll be getting me to give him tummy and chest rubs all the time!!!

Thanks
lucky

nomorepanic
23-09-04, 20:14
Lucky

Sorry I didn't reply last night but so glad to hear that all is well and he is fine.

Worry over yeah?

Give him a big hug

xx

Nicola

sal
24-09-04, 00:59
Hi Lucky

Sorry missed post. Pleased the outcome is good. Can imagine how you wer worried mate.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

Laurie28
24-09-04, 13:36
he has now been sent home from scholl with chest/stomach pains.

I don't know what to do!!! I will need to go back to the doctors

Lucky

minny
24-09-04, 13:53
Hi Lucky!

Its an awful feeling isnt it? Mollie my 8 year old often suffered with sudden tummy pains whilst in school. After exhausting every possible medical cause we discovered there was a pattern. Whenever she had to participate in a school play or sportsday etc... or whenever there was a spelling test or the likes, she would get nervous!! The nervousness actually churned her tummy to the point where she felt sick!! With support from her teacher she is now a confident and happy little girl!

Have a chat with your sons teacher to see if there is any particular aspect of any lessons or part of the school day that your son worries about! I used to childmind a little girl who got upset every mealtime! It turned out she hated eating in front of other children in the school
canteen!!

Wishing you luck...Minny..x

Laurie28
24-09-04, 13:57
Hiya Minnie,

This is the first time it's happened at school.

I am quite confused because even though I believe he is getting pain I also believe (as terrible as this sounds) he is still acting on it long after it has disappeared. - God I feel terrible for saying that.

His papa is currently ill in bed with phemonia (sp?) and I am hoping this isn't phychosymatic (sp?) and I don't want anything to be physically wrong either

AGGHH

thanks
Lucky

minny
24-09-04, 14:09
Dont feel bad lucky!!! As a mum of 3 and a childminder and foster carer, Ive yet to come across a child that doesnt play on symptoms! You shouldnt feel bad for saying that! My son would pretend he had everything from legionaires disease to lesser spotted rocky mountain fever to get out of school! It got to the point that unless the blood was gushing or he was unconcious I sent him to school!! He complained of a sore hand once and because he had cried wolf so many times before, I sent him off to school with my boot firmly up his backside! The school sent him home and it turned out he'd cracked a bone in his hand!! Oooops!! :D

Im sure you will get to the bottom of what is wrong with your little boy. Its easier said than done but try not to worry too much! Hes still lively and running around so the chances are its something and nothing!

With thoughts... Minny..x

Laurie28
24-09-04, 14:16
Your post did make me laugh Minnie!!!

My son has once cried off school and admitted later that evening that there was nothing wrong with him!!! I have told him the same cry wolf and you'll get sent even if you are really not well as i won't believe you!!!

Thanks for your support

lucky

Laurie28
27-09-04, 13:29
He's fine!!!!

We discovered he haven't had a bowel movement for a few days - and that was the problem.

3 teaspoons of syrup of figs and a few toilet trips later (i don't mean to be crude) and he has been fine ever since!!!!!

Thank god

Love
lucky

nomorepanic
27-09-04, 19:56
Great news Lucky. Glas he is ok now.

So it was just constipation then lol.

Minny - my mum did a similar thing and I had sprained my ankle and she made me walk 3 miles to school on it. By the time she took me to the docs (after I moaned for a week) he said that the damage had been done and the ankle would always be weak cos it was never treated properply! Mums huh!

Nicola

mabel
27-09-04, 20:51
Hi!

I'm a teacher and have always found it difficult to tell whether a child is really ill. I have a particular class this year where I have a few children who complain of tummy ache, headache etc a lot of the time. You can't always tell if it is genuine. Usually if you try to occupy them and take their mind of it, it seems to go away! Although I did have a boy a few days ago who complained of feeling sick. He was always complaining about some illness so I told him to sit quietly for a while and read etc, didn't really believe he felt too ill. Anyway 10 minutes later he was sick all over the table!!! How bad did I feel!!!

mabel (caroline)

minny
27-09-04, 21:38
Phew!!

I bet you heaved a few sighs of relief Lucky! :)

Glad to hear hes well and healthy!

Love Minny..xx