PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss and worried

kirstynic
04-01-16, 15:21
Hi I am getting worried about weight loss.

Since November I have lost 4lbs, I have also been on holiday for 2 weeks and got back today hoping I would gain weight but I haven't. On holiday I ate and drank a lot and normally gain around 4lbs but I gained nothing.

I was put on iron tablets 3 weeks ago as was showing iron deficient on blood tests. The Dr asked them about weight loss and my bowels, I mentioned the weight but he didn't seem concerned.

I stopped taking the iron as thought it was upsetting my tummy but since then I have still been gettin stomach cramps and am getting worried that this and weight loss is due to a cancer.

I have a repeat blood test tomorrow and doctors Thursday but am getting more worried. I am 30 female, weigh 9st 1 which is low for me I can't remember a time I was this low in weight.

Fishmanpa
04-01-16, 15:53
4lbs is nothing in two months and we typically fluctuate a few pounds a day depending on intake and elimination. That's why your doctor isn't concerned.

Positive thoughts

rsanchez
04-01-16, 18:43
Agree with Fishmanpa, 4lbs is very small amount of weight loss. If you did have some illness, you would lose more over a shorter period of time.

If you are concerned about your weight, might be a good idea to talk to a nutritionist about what you can eat to get to the weight you want.

matrix123
04-01-16, 21:07
I lost like 15lbs in few months "only" because of anxiety. Nothing to worry about

AdamE
04-01-16, 21:13
Same here. I went from 255 to 237 in 2 months and I'm pretty positive it's due to anxiety. If you fidget a lot or you're moving around a lot more than you have in the past you'll be surprised how much you can lose.

swgrl09
04-01-16, 21:19
You can drop a few pounds just from having a big ol' number 2 (sorry to be blunt). If you had something severe I'd expect more than a four pound difference.

Fishmanpa
04-01-16, 21:35
You can drop a few pounds just from having a big ol' number 2 (sorry to be blunt). If you had something severe I'd expect more than a four pound difference.

Ron White has a joke about that.

"Did you ever take a crap so big your pants fit better?" ~lol~

(Raising my hand!)

Positive thoughts

nicola1980
04-01-16, 22:13
I've lost over 9lbs recently but I've been under a lot of stress which kick starts my anxiety and I always loose weight when my anxiety is bad or if I'm particularly worried/stressed over something so I shouldn't worry unfortunately anxiety and weight loss can go hand in hand XX

uru
04-01-16, 22:48
I went from 70kg to 64kg in a few weeks....

The anxiety diet ;)

kirstynic
05-01-16, 06:43
Thank you for your replies. I guess I am just more worried as have been eating a lot and would normally gain about 4lb on a 2 week holiday.