PDA

View Full Version : CTE

ShayneA
04-01-16, 18:52
I came down to see my mom in her room after waking up and she shows me an article about how a 25 year old male who had 10 concussions had CTE in his brain. Why my mom wanted to show me this is boggling my mind since she knows I have really bad healthy anxiety and she also knows I've had multiple concussions ( i've been diagnosed with 2, positive i've had 1 or 2 other ones also that were not diagnosed ) She showed me that about 30 mins ago and I still cannot get over the fact that she showed me this when she knows im a hypchondriac with a history of concussions ( i'm 20 years old by the way ) this has set me into a mode of panic. CTE is a brain disease that happens in people who have had multiple head injuries. It typically happens to old people after many many years of contact sports and a ton of concussions, but hearing that a 25 year old had it is scaring me. I have really bad memory loss sometimes, I know anxiety can cause memory loss and sometimes i think my poor concentration skills lead to me forgetting so many little things, but sometimes I connect my prior concussion history and my current memory problems together and it scares me. Losing my memory is easily my biggest fear our of all my health fears. Over the years of being a hypochondriac i've done a pretty good job of getting over certain fears, escpecially my heart fears which I'd say im 99% over, but the brain and memory issues still scares me big time. I really hope its my anxiety/poor concentration skills causing my memory loss. I know not everyone will get CTE from multiple concussions but its scary, thanks for reading