PDA

View Full Version : Itching and/or rash with anxiety

jadedreams
04-01-16, 20:18
Hello, just wondering if it is possible to have itching and a rash due to anxiety? I have GAD, intrusive thoughts and some depression. I have had many anxiety symptoms before, but not ever this before. The past few days I am getting itching in random spots (arm, leg, shoulder) and actually do have 3 spots on my arms where it looks like a small rash.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experience this? Since it is new, thought I would ask if it's even possible. I haven't changed soaps or started on new meds so I don't know what else would be causing it.

mintxy
04-01-16, 23:13
Hi im having the same symptoms and trying to reason woth myself that this is stress/anxiety! X

StarsDie
05-01-16, 16:03
I think it's possible. I get little rashes from time to time. I don't KNOW with any certainty whether something other than anxiety is causing them. But I suspect it is anxiety.

Because what happens is I become hypervigilant with finding something wrong with my body, and I kind of "micromanage" normal things going on. I may notice minor itches moreso than usual when I'm like this. And the mere scratching of these minor itches can lead to rash-like marks... And it's a slippery slope from there in my mind.

That's just me though. Your experience may be different.

jadedreams
05-01-16, 22:55
Yeah I definitely think I'm on high alert. Just never had this with anxiety and I'm a problem solver by nature, so my brain is busy trying to figure out what it is. I do have allergies to several meds and such, but haven't tried anything new.

For me I actually noticed a bump before the itching started, then a couple more bumps the next day, etc- so I have no idea what it is. I saw my therapist today and she said it wouldn't be a bad idea to call the doc and get it checked to help with peace of mind. Instead of waiting and worrying, to simply face my fear so to speak.

Hey Minxty, sorry you are having the same problems - hopefully we can both get it sorted out!

StarsDie
05-01-16, 23:24
I notice I have the bumps before I start scratching a lot of the time as well.

But it's one of those things where I sense I only really notice the bump because I'm on high alert. Maybe I'm naive, but it's almost like I can think of a time in my life where I would have never been bugged by such things and would have never thought twice about a little bump, let alone ever noticed the little bump at all. That it's just a normal part of living. But there's something that changed psychologically and now I notice it more and get bugged by it more.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I hope I'm right.

bulan
31-03-16, 02:23
How was your appointment, jadedreams? Did the itching dissipate?