PDA

View Full Version : Stomach cancer..

Anxiouscow
04-01-16, 21:27
So recently my HA has been flaring up. First of all thought I had lymphoma over Christmas, on NYE thought I was getting oesophageal cancer, and today I'm scared I have stomach cancer.

I saw my GP today, and told him my worries, and he prescribed me 20mg of Fluoxetine, and referred me to a talking therapy clinic. He also examined my throat, my neck, and my stomach (poked and prodded). And then said he wasn't worried about anything and couldn't see anything sinister.

I have a lot of gas, and I feel a pressure high up in my stomach. I have lost my appetite recently (it was never that big before), but now have got to the stage where I don't find many things appetising. I eat things here and there, and I don't have any pain in my chest from acid or anything.

I haven't vomited blood up, although I did vomit on NYE (perhaps due to the anxiety) and I keep obsessing over my stools.. no blood or black and tarryness so far.

I'm 17 and no matter how much I keep telling myself I don't have stomach cancer, I cannot seem to bring myself to believe it. Dr Google hasn't helped me much either, I can't believe I keep googling things :(

Any advice?

Anxiouscow
04-01-16, 21:33
No, I've sent off the letter today. Really? Next to no chance?

Fishmanpa
04-01-16, 21:41
Really? Next to no chance?

Yes, really... especially in light of your age and a physical examination from a medical professional. As I said in another thread, you have to help yourself here. No amount of advice or reassurance will help unless you take the dragon by the horns and stop doing things that exasperate your anxiety.

Positive thoughts