PDA

View Full Version : My brother moved out...

.Poppy.
04-01-16, 22:29
My brother is starting his externship tomorrow for his program, so today he moved out to a city about 3 hours away to live with his girlfriend.

We're twins, so even though we don't always get along we've always been fairly close.

We're getting older (24) and I'm in my last year of school too and will soon be moving out on my own -- I came back home to finish school to save money. We haven't been living together all this time; we lived in different dorms for a year and after that I lived with my friends while he lived at home.

There's something so permanent about it, though. He'll still be able to visit, obviously, but he's living with his girlfriend who not only will control it but also doesn't really like me at all.

To top it off, my brother's never really had a real job before nor has he lived so far from home and he's absolutely terrified. I feel so awful for him - I've been there, so many times and I hate to see him like that.

I know that we have to grow up and move on, that it's just part of life. I do get that. I also know that we couldn't be close forever. I just feel like I've lost him and I always considered him to be kind of my best friend.

Of course now too, his life is being pulled together and I have to figure out how to get my own act together, which isn't fun.

Why is growing up so darn hard? :doh: