PDA

View Full Version : Update

Emma1027
05-01-16, 11:52
After waiting a month for a over the phone conversation assessment for the 13th of Jan- I tried to get a earlier one as I feel my health has really gone down hill. They sent me a email with details but unfortunately they gave me a location I couldn't make so I rang up to ask if they could do it over the phone instead which was what I was asking for. The woman on the phone was so rude to me about it and made out that I was ungrateful and putting the other person out who was bending over backwards so that I could have a appointment. I was only asking if there was a earlier appointment free i.e. if someone had cancelled then could I please be notified otherwise I would stick with the 13th. She then said the 13th one was given to someone else as I cancelled it and there wouldn't be another one til the 19th! Even longer wait. I did say that I appreciate that they are busy but I have been waiting a long time and feel very unwell. She then said the woman would ring me 1.30 tomorrow over the phone for the assessment which is what I wanted in the first place. Now I feel like I am a burden, troubling people.

MichaelUk809
05-01-16, 13:38
I'd advise watching a video on youtube, type in how to meditate, Rohit Sharma, follow the instructions, practise this every morning for 20 minutes to half an hour for a month and see how you feel then, also i'd recommend extreme exercise to the point where you can't do anymore, your serotonin levels will rise and your problem will decrease, stay away from nicotine, alcohol and caffeine and try and eat as much fruit and vegetables as you can, do this for a few months and I can assure you, you will be feeling a LOT better.

Randara
05-01-16, 18:21
I hope your assessment goes well tomorrow.

That lady sounds awful, and I'm certain it was nothing to do with you. She may have been having a bad day and was just taking it out on people calling in. Also, I've found that some people just enjoy being in control and like to try and put other people in their place. It's not worth you worrying about.

Emma1027
05-01-16, 22:15
I was in tears yesterday as everything was getting too much for me. I kept breaking down during the day and being in a lot of pain wasn't helping much either. I've been ill for two months without a break of feeling well and I am on pain relief for bad chest pain. I am trying to wait patiently for a appointment but I am not coping very well health wise. Thank you to everyone who's commented.

Emma1027
06-01-16, 14:25
Had my assessment today and I've got moderate anxiety and depression. Treatment is in place :)

shiznit76
06-01-16, 14:34
Had my assessment today and I've got moderate anxiety and depression. Treatment is in place :)

what treatment are they offering?

Emma1027
06-01-16, 20:57
40 min phone calls- cbt classes which should start in around two weeks time. It should last around six weeks I think and the possibility of help with finding work, confidence building, diet and lifestyle changes and maybe a social class. I guess over the next few weeks I will find out of I will need medication too or further treatment ect.