PDA

View Full Version : goals to help with your anxiety. anyone?

emily67
05-01-16, 15:26
my goal to help with my anxiety is to use more self talk.

i'm so bad at that... always forget that's a probably a really good tool, just to tell yourself that things will be okay

my other goal is to open up more about how i'm feeling on sites such as this, and not feel bad about how stupid and small it is- it's an issue for me, no matter how big or small

okay.. it's your turn

Sylver1975
05-01-16, 15:34
I got some Colouring Books for Mindfullness for Christmas, they're basically really intricate patterns or designs to colour in. Hoping it will help me "zone out" of what's going round my head and give me some peace.

Every year, I swear I'll worry less about my family (source of 95% of my anxiety) but haven't managed to find a way to do that yet so I guess I'll try - again. I do envy my youngest brother who emigrated to another continent, I sometimes think wouldn't it be lovely to be so far away you've no way of knowing what's going on at home? Sounds blissful.

emily67
05-01-16, 16:07
hope the colouring works!

hmm i know what you mean about getting away.

trust me, if i could get out the house, i'd probbaly move too.

you know... somewhere quiet and accomadating- where though... no idea

ben johnson
05-01-16, 16:56
my goal is to try an talk more too but I don't like using sites like this because it always makes me feel anxiety because then I feel people are judging me and then ill have a panic attack, so that's why I normally say on what ever I say if you want too you can personal message me but no one does so then I just don't talk

Sylver1975
05-01-16, 17:01
I don't think people on sites like this will judge you Ben, we are all here because in one way or another we struggle with anxiety or panic or depression. Nobody's so perfect they can afford to be judgemental over someone else. We all have our struggles. I find sites like this a good place to vent, even sometimes just typing it all down helps even if nobody replies to a post.

ben johnson
05-01-16, 17:04
yeah but where I don't know the person don't know what there thinking so I just get stressed and all, so ill ether not talk for a long time and get worse or talk on here and feel worse, so I don't know what to do anymore, I just feel like braking down but then if I do that ill then do something ill regret

Sylver1975
05-01-16, 17:34
Have you tried talking to someone like the Samaritans? They certainly won't judge you and it might help just to tell someone how you're feeling. I actually like that we're all pretty much strangers on here, I would never speak to someone I know about how I feel, I've often wanted to but been too afraid of making them worry.

beatroon
06-01-16, 11:40
My goal is to start saying yes to things I want to do, and no to things I don't. Sounds simple, but I think not absorbing other people's stress will really help!

ben johnson
06-01-16, 12:23
no I have not

emily67
06-01-16, 13:59
re the sammaratans, i've used them before (at least the email service)

they are quick to respond, and they do listen.. they really do. they also like asking questions, to try and get a better understanding of what's going on

my only issue with them is that after 30 days of not contacting them, they lose the records- so you have to start again (which i've done many times)

had some good suggestions from them in the past

ben johnson
07-01-16, 12:56
okay, ill give them ago, thanks emily

jimsmrs
07-01-16, 13:02
I always 'have a word with myself'. I have also found lately that finding reasons to DO something, is better than making excuses for NOT doing something.

And Ben no-one on here will ever judge you cause we're in the same boat!!!

Sam Winter
07-01-16, 13:04
my goal is to talk to others, i get really awkward and nothing comes out my mouth, i find it hard to make friends and talk to others as i always feel like people are judging me or hate me, my other goal is to work on my eating issues, if i can fix those two i'll be able to go to work next year and afford my dream holiday, so no pressure lol x

emily67
07-01-16, 13:26
okay, ill give them ago, thanks emily

no worries, let me know how it works out for you

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

my goal is to talk to others, i get really awkward and nothing comes out my mouth, i find it hard to make friends and talk to others as i always feel like people are judging me or hate me, my other goal is to work on my eating issues, if i can fix those two i'll be able to go to work next year and afford my dream holiday, so no pressure lol x

where is your dream holiday?

i hope that you get to go.

Sam Winter
07-01-16, 13:47
i've always wanted to at least visit finland even if i can't move there,
it sounds a bit silly but i've never had a huge dream job any job does me i've always been more of a lover and fan of nature and traveling lol

ben johnson
07-01-16, 13:52
sam winter, if u ever want or need a chat im here just pm me, and im just waiting for them to reply to me now Emily :D:bighug1:

Sam Winter
07-01-16, 16:30
aw thanks x

ben johnson
07-01-16, 16:36
welcome

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

or if your on 02 could can text me

Emma1027
07-01-16, 21:45
I've just ordered a adult swear word colouring book- ideal stress relief :)

ben johnson
08-01-16, 12:09
where from??