PDA

View Full Version : Am I going mad???

needansas
23-02-07, 12:47
I suffer from GAD and stopped smoking 10 days ago. It has taken me to hell and back but I am using this experience to help overcome my GAD and help put my past behind me. I am trying to take each day as it comes but sometimes I am finding it a struggle so I'm trying to keep myself busy all the time. I find that when I spend time on my own, I end up speaking to the demons in my head so I am trying to overcome this by writing things down to get these thoughts outta my head. The easy option would to be to have a cigarette, but I really don't want one!!! I decided stop taking my nicotine patches today aswell cos I want to do this on my own. I was diagnosed with PTS in October and following a string of bad events brought on by myself. I feel that through the bad times - I lost control of my life and I'm starting to make sense of that. It shocks me that this has happened overnight and although I'm happen to get through these bad experiences, at the same time I'm completely overwelmed by it all. My emotions are everywhere and I don't know where to turn so I've decided it may help me to ask you, guys........

What is going on here??????

yorkylover
23-02-07, 12:52
Hi and :welcome: You will get lots of support here and advise.:)

sarah1984
23-02-07, 13:24
Hi Needansas,

You're not going mad at all-it sounds as if you're being very brave. I'm not a smoker myself but I know what a nightmare it is for people to give up, especially when you feel it takes the edge of your worries. Be brave and don't give in!!!

Sarah x