PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety is my name

lisab1
05-01-16, 16:42
hi there my name is Lisa and im currently a bit of an anxious wreck.
i am being tested for allergies, have a raised lymph gland in my groin and constantly self diagnosing myself with the wrong thing.
Since Dec i have thought i had Lymhoma, Chlamidia, IBS, Diverticulosis, Kidney Infection. I only had a water infection and what looks like dermatitis. My lymph node needs an ultrasound(think the GP today just wanted to passify me) im making myself so poorly.
Lisa x

venusbluejeans
05-01-16, 16:48
Hiya lisab1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

StarsDie
05-01-16, 17:11
Had a lymph node grow to the size of a grape in my parotid gland.

Had it removed and tested and they only found toxoplasmosis and bartonella. No cancer. And the infections I had weren't perceived as being worthy of treatment.

So... Benign is much more of a likely thing it seems.

But I can't say I don't relate. The past year I thought I had: Pleomorphic Adenoma, Lymphoma, Salivary Gland Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Colon Cancer, Behcet's Disease, Crohn's Disease, Bladder Cancer, UTI's and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of right now haha.

But so far they haven't found anything wrong with me...

lisab1
05-01-16, 18:53
hello there thank you for your replies �� isnt it awful, i had a sigmoidoscopy 3 year ago but all they found was a pile that was banded. health anxiety is causing me so much misery. if the lymph glad is ok, i feel i will have turned a corner. i have had patch testing and get results tomorrow, thats for itching. this site looks great and will help a lot more than diagnosing myself on google
lisa xx

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

just had my tea and could barely eat it, prob cos im so anxious, but it was pizza and i love my food. now im worrying thats a symptom of Lymphoma x

AdamE
05-01-16, 19:50
Yes. Definitely stay off google. I stopped finally. If I need any information I come here only. Definitely more for reassurance. Google lead me down too many wrong paths.

lisab1
05-01-16, 22:24
it has me too Adam, i remember when i was scared of a ghost in my house
every little noise seemed unusual, now i dont notice noises.
i think this is the same with my health, everything seems to be wrong x