PDA

View Full Version : Vistibular migraine?

fed up with it
23-02-07, 13:03
HI i have lots of different dizzy senasations and turns as i call them. Including while in shops, under the lights etc. Also brightly multi coloured patterns give me flashing in the eyes, i never get headache though! does anyone else have this?

DavidJ85
23-02-07, 17:05
I get this all the time, I'm dizzy at some point or sometimes all the time everyday!

I used to suffer from migraine whereby I would get zigzag shapes and temporary blindness and then a mega headache, now I just seem to get dizzy a lot so I think it is migraine/anxiety

Jimbo
23-02-07, 17:20
I get migraines which are brought on by all sorts of things, especially stress and anxiety, not eating enough food, caffeine, etc.

They can come in different forms but the what they call the 'classical' migraine usually starts with a flickering at the sides of my vision and then moves on to a kind of silvery sparkling blind spot in the middle of my vision, sometimes only in one eye, it can grow and cover my whole vision sometimes. The first time I had it I completely panicked and thought I was going blind or having a stroke or something! The sparkling can sometimes form a pattern that looks how I imagine the blood vessels in the back of my eye to look. This usually only lasts (on average) 20-30 mins.

Sometimes they seem to be coming on then go away. Usually they are followed with a severe headache, but not always, sometimes I just get the visual thing but not the headache, and sometimes the headache and not the visual part. I often feel dizzy and sick and it can go on for days.

I usually find the best thing to do, is make sure I have eaten and drunk properly, take some co-codamol tablets and go to bed.

Hope that helps,

Jim