PDA

View Full Version : Trouble breathing and the need to cough

pepperutchie
06-01-16, 04:14
hi all hope everyone is fine, i just wanna post this one because its seems that this symptom os quite new to me..i had this 3 days already.. I hope i can describe it well its like something is in my lungs that its tickling in when i breath and that causes me to cough,when i lay down i can feel that i cannot breath..that i need to cough..and feel out of breath also when i move.yesterday i had this out of breath experience as if im gasping for air i was really afraid i asked my husband to bring me in the hospital but due to financial problem i didnt went inside the hospital, and intead go back hope...when i felt fine.i dont know what this is but this is really very frightening..i feel also tightening in the chest and can also feel in my throat and from what i can see i can feel this after eating.does any one can relate to what this is? And i hope its not heart related. Thank you for taking the time to read.

pepperutchie
08-01-16, 08:57
Anyone?

Superworrier
08-01-16, 09:15
Hi I hope it helps that when my Anxiety is high I feel exactly like this and yes it is a very frightening experience but it's all connected to the panic we feel the same as the constant wanting to yawn .

You mention yourself about financial worries so it sounds like ypu do have some stress .

It sounds classics Anxiety to me as I am sure others will tell you on here .
Hope that was of some help :hugs:

sebinkent
08-01-16, 14:53
I have similar symptoms every time I'm anxious or stressed. I always think its a problem with my lungs, which of course makes the anxiety worse. I have had blood tests, the doctor says my lungs sound in perfect health and my oxygen levels are 99% but I still feel out of breath. I'm sure all the muscles in my chest and my back are tight from being so tense and it affects breathing. This is probably happening with everyone that has this as an anxiety symptom.. :(

Gjr
08-01-16, 16:11
Could it not just be a tickly cough? I only say as I have had the exact same thing for about a week. When I breathe deep I have to cough due to the tickle, which gets worse in the evening/night.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel better today, with no cough at all, so hopefully you will feel better soon.

pepperutchie
09-01-16, 07:02
Thanks super worrier, sebinkent,glr i went to the dr this morning he gave me meds and when i took it my heart start to race and my blood pressure rise as i took it on my digital monitor it shows 140/118 and i dont have that issue with bp. That really started my panic...i sent a message to my dr and he said its just the sideeffect of the meds(ventollin) really sends me to panic..

MyNameIsTerry
09-01-16, 07:14
Yes, Ventolin will do that. It can make you jittery too. I can attest to this as I've had asthma for over 30 years and that has been my Reliever prescription until they replaced them all with Salamol which is very similar and can do the same.

Part of it can also be your anxiety too, many people worry about meds.

I was going to suggest you see your doctor on this to rule out the possibility of allergies or asthma. Asthma can be tested for very easily. But please don't worry about asthma, mine has barely ever bothered me in 30 years and even with my anxiety coming in the last 9 years it has not bothered it much. Asthma is much more understood these days, unlike when I was a kid, and people run marathons with it now. It's very controllable.

Ventolin is only a Reliever, so you take it to open the airways when needed. Sometimes doctors prescribe these to help your breathing while a non asthma cause is dealt with, like an infection. So, perhaps he is treating you for something or monitoring since the body can deal with many things on it's own, or with a bit of support like a temporary Reliever inhaler.

Calvin Harris
11-01-16, 04:45
I have had a similar sensation when my heart skips a beat it can catch your breathe and tickle
All apparently harmless though

MyNameIsTerry
11-01-16, 05:16
I have had a similar sensation when my heart skips a beat it can catch your breathe and tickle
All apparently harmless though

I blame Olly Murs :winks:

pepperutchie
14-01-16, 01:54
Thanks Terry and Calvin, since i got this cough i have anxiety everyday and even experience panic attack on a daily basis its really a bad day