PDA

View Full Version : it's back

apm
23-02-07, 13:56
Hi all,

I'd been pretty much panic free for about 2.5 years, and last night it came back. Not a full blown attack, but anxiety and adrenalin, tight feeling across chest. Today, I'm in work and functioning well, and realise that it's nothing but my old friend back, but it is coming and going, and unpleasant as ever.

I know it's just a blip, but I guess I'd got used to being free from this! I'm hoping that it'll fade and be gone in a couple of days, but it's really reminded me of the difficult times I went through originally.

As for causes, things have been a bit stressful recently. Getting married in June, moving house in a week or two, friend's dad (who I used to be really close to) died suddenly, work a bit stressful. All adds up, I guess. Serves as a timely reminder to us all to look after ourselves!

Best wishes to all of you.

Alex.

nomorepanic
23-02-07, 14:56
Hi Alex

Welcome back but sorry it is under these circumstances.

I think deep down you know what has caused this to come back so that does help because you can calmly say to yourself that it is only temporary and it will go again like it did before.

I think the other problem is that once we feel better we stop doing all the things that helped in the first place - e.g. exercise, good diet, good sleep, relaxation etc.

I hope you feel better soon - I am sure you will and please just see this as a blip and nothing more.

Meg
23-02-07, 15:20
Hiya Alex

It's fabulous that you've been well and happy for the past years and glad the romance blossomed it seems !!

It's all too easy to get caught up in the 'remembering' spiral of how awful it was those years ago.

As I recall, you did really well then and this time it will be easier as you understand what you need to do to help yourself providing you don't let the past get in the way..

With any stress comes adrenalin and with adrenalin comes the body symptoms which is really only the adrenalin doing what it says on the tin.

The wedding stress I hope is really excitment, the work one you know about and deal with, the house move can be very stressful if there are hiccups so I guess it's that plus the unexpected death and your thoughts about it that is really the culprit at work here with a bit more trickling in for good measure.

You take good care of yourself now, do all the right things and remember its not the actual symptoms but how you interpret them in your thoughts and musings that can be your downfall.

Shout if you want a longer peptalk ....

apm
23-02-07, 19:12
Thanks so much guys- just that bit of reassurance has helped. This really is a wonderful place to get help and support from people who really understand what it's like to be in this!

I'm feeling a bit better coped well with the train trip home, although chest still feels tight and there is some anxiety.

Mostly I feel restless and out of sorts. Tired too!

I'm going to be nice to myself and relax in front of the telly (other half is out).

Keep well, one and all!

Alex.

apm
26-02-07, 10:41
Just a quick update. Still quite jittery, but coping. Managed the train journey to work this morning without too much panic, but feeling a little anxious about tomorrow night, as I have to go to Telford for work, and go on a long train journey and use the underground...

I'm sure I'll cope, but the prospect is a little worrying!!

Hope everyone is good,

Alex.