PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Anxious Pete
06-01-16, 15:59
Hi,

I've had some form of GAD since the early 90's, most of my adult life. Problems started when I got a bad dose of chicken pox age 24 and after clearing up it lay dormant and went into a heart infection. This was early 92 and afterwards I was struck down with irregular heart beats, chest pains, fatigue and headaches until the mid 2000's. I always felt there was an underlying problem and could do no exercise at all due to the heart issue (palps and pains) but it was certainly exacerbated by GAD. I was eventually treated with Zoloft some ten years ago. Just now I'm coping on 50mg daily which is enough to keep the cortisol at bay and I don't get palps or much chest pain. I jog 12 miles a week and do some weights, all impossible for me between 93 and 05. Anyway, if you're suffering there is hope. I'm still an anxiety sufferer and I'll never be the bullet proof man I was at 23, but I've come through the worst of it, so can you. Pete.

venusbluejeans
06-01-16, 16:04
Hiya Anxious Pete and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: