PDA

View Full Version : Weirdly feeling good!?!?

uru
06-01-16, 21:37
Ok guys, I have a question.

For reasons unbeknown to me I've been feeling great tonight! Actually it's the first time in nearly 2 months that I feel normal and like my old self. Actually perhaps better than that. Quite hopeful and full of fun. I even ran to the shops earlier. I feel quite gleeful and excited!

All of this is fine but The issue is I have no idea why. :unsure:

I didn't sleep particularly better.
I've been reducing my Buspirone to 5mg a day
I've only been to a couple of counselling sessions and none recently
Work wasn't great and I didn't feel particularly good.

So I'm struggling to see why I'm suddenly feeling better. (I hope it lasts)

Sam Winter
07-01-16, 03:07
as much as i'd love to help i can't, because i get this feelings too and they come on at random times but i cherish them because they're special haha, its still weird how i suddenly feel better though x

Blinkyrocket
07-01-16, 04:44
I've had 2 times awhile ago that I started to feel strangely euphoric, although my definition of euphoria might be wrong because it ended up freaking me out.

MyNameIsTerry
07-01-16, 05:28
I've heard this one so many times, both on here and at the charity walk-in groups I used to go to. Just go with it, don't question it or you will encourage your anxiety to return sooner than it need do. Mood can also play a big factor.

You may find when the anxiety returns that it hits you a bit harder because you are demoralised. This is all normal to me, and I regard it as part of the recovery journey. At first my days were just bad and then some better days (but still rough) crept in, then even the odd goodish day and from there on the bad days decreased, the ok days increased and so did the better ones. That's why I see it as a journey of stages.

It feels alien at first and you may even dislike it or worry it will "spill over" into anxiety, a bit like how we worry about how excitement feels. It gets easier to accept it the more it happens and the key really is acceptance on this one, accepting that you can have a good day. The trouble is, the longer your experience anxiety the more you retrain your subconscious to believe anxiety is the normal state hence anything outside of normal becomes weird, alien or even a threat.

uru
07-01-16, 08:04
Thanks for the advice.

I was starting to think that maybe I was bipolar.