PDA

View Full Version : Messed up painting

phil06
07-01-16, 03:04
I've had a stressful day which has made my anxiety worse. Basically I thought I would change a white room to cream done it never liked it and had to paint it back and it's sitting half finished as it needs more coats to get it back done the same to the hallway too.

Anybody else done this before? I feel bad for wasting paint and I am a messy painter so was stressing it being over my lamainte. I want to try get it back as it was before but worry I won't be able to? :blush:

MyNameIsTerry
07-01-16, 05:36
Try to see it in 2 ways:

1) You get it back to how it was before because you don't like the experiment to the cream colour.

OR

2) You can't get it back to how it was before but you paint it to be a cleaner, better looking version of what it was before.

Getting it back exact is unlikely because before it had been worn over time so it bound to look cleaner & nicer when you finish it.

phil06
08-01-16, 02:22
Well I repainted it back grey but it's a darker grey so I may have to do it white again after not liking it however I may seek help from family as I made a mess of it even the bedroom has some streak marks so even if it's cleaner I fear my house is now a mess. :ohmy:

---------- Post added 08-01-16 at 02:22 ---------- Previous post was 07-01-16 at 22:41 ----------

Been further stressed:

*Worried my clothes had paint on them or it got on sofa.

*I blew my nose put my finger near it worry I will be ill even after I showered when it happened.

*The paint looks rubbish as it has brush strokes and not properly rolled so I we'll maybe have to go over it even more.

*I worry the taps got paint on them even after a clean.

MyNameIsTerry
08-01-16, 05:56
Well you will see paint on the taps and have to clean it off, like anyone painting tends to. The same with the sofa, it will show up straight away. So, to worry in the absence of visible marks is perhaps similar to the toilet issue in that you are worrying about tiny particles.

Paint is safe, we are exposed to quite a lot of it. It was only unsafe when it was full of lead, which is no longer the case. So, as long as you aren't drinking it, you will be fine.

Don't stress about how it looks, Phil. These things happen and they are 100% correctable with more paint and some time. DIY is often a stressful thing but try to keep your anxiety reduced as much as you can so your OCD doesn't spike from it.