View Full Version : worried about gallbladder and pancreas

sunflower lady
07-01-16, 14:05
Hi everyone! Great to learn that I am not alone in dealing with this anxiety!
:hugs:
Have just registered with the site today. I have various anxieties but the main problem is health anxiety.
I have always been quite a sensitive person (usually called a worrier!) but everything has got harder in the last few months.
I was diagnosed with moderate/severe M.E/CFS four years ago. I can walk about 10 metres and also go out in the wheelchair but am mostly housebound when the family are at work and school. I think because i am alone all day i dwell on things more than i used to.
I think my difficulty is caused mostly because M.E has a wide variety of (sometimes strange!) symptoms. Because of this I am unwell a lot of the time but sometimes I get new symptoms which may not be M.E related.
This week I have had intermittent pain under my right rib, in my back and even sometimes at the left of the stomach.
I had a scan for gallstones last year which was negative. Was wondering whether you can have problems with the gallbladder even without stones?
Also as I have occasional right sided stomach pain so worry about my pancreas.
Saw practice nurse last week who said to eat less fat and have smaller smaller portions. I have to go back if no improvement.
Has anyone dealt with this before please? I am hoping to avoid surgery as i don't know how my body would cope with general anaesthetic.
Any help or encouragement would be SO appreciated!:bighug1:
p.s I also have occasional ovarian cysts and also IBS:)

AnxiousLife
07-01-16, 14:10
Gallbladder is generally right sided or mid abdominal pain...When I had to have mine removed, I had a lot of pain in my right shoulder blade as well, and it was much worse after eating. I didn't have any stones, but my scan showed it wasn't functioning properly and was very inflamed. I'd give it a week or so and if it's not better perhaps make a visit to the doctor. I have HA (and ovarian cysts!) as well, so I know how you are feeling :)

venusbluejeans
07-01-16, 14:11
Hiya sunflower lady and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sunflower lady
07-01-16, 14:22
:yesyes: Thank you so much Venus blue jeans and anxious life for your prompt replies- i feel i have two new friends already!
I will see how i am in the next couple of weeks then go to the GP again if no improvement.
Do you mind me asking, anxious life, how long did you suffer pain for before you had surgery?

AnxiousLife
07-01-16, 14:26
I had no idea what was going on because my pain really was just in my shoulder blade for about 2 weeks- and I already dealt with heartburn, so I didn't even consider it. Anyway, I went to my dr. and he suspected it was my gallbladder. Had the scans, etc an it was confirmed. Mine was a very quick process because I was about to get married, so I had it out the following week!

sunflower lady
07-01-16, 14:29
Forgot to say- i got help from a lovely man called Harold, (over the phone)about 20 years ago- i wonder if he was the founder of No More Panic -a wonderful man:)

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Thanks anxious life- i hope you are having no more trouble now and that your wedding went well!:yahoo: