PDA

View Full Version : Help me!? Weird crazy bowels amd Stool? (POOP PROBLEMS)

jameer23
07-01-16, 19:03
Okay hi. I'm 16. A major hypochondriac. And etc and I have GAD. And depression. Lately I guess I have been constipated. But that's not it..my stool has been weird as well...for you people that don't know what "Stool" is, its the medical term for "Poop". Anyways this first started after eating a huge bowl of noodles. I had the runs (Diarrhea) so I went and did it. It wqw mainly liquidy with mucus and a dark tan. Looked up my symptoms online. Eg wasn't that serious. They a few days later I went to use the bathroom. And they were regular brown but with darker brown spots. I was so scared. But I remembered I had oreos the night before and the morning of that day. So I was pretty skeptical. And then a few days later leading up to today. I've been eating stuff like chips. Soda. Cookies. Donuts. Etc. So when I went to release some bowels, the first clump came out green. Eh alright. Then the second one was a little bit bigger. It started off green then the other half was a light brown..so just seeing that mix of colors stirred up more anxiety. So now I'm freaking scared. Why is my stool being lke this? Back in summer of 2015 I had a CT scan of my guy (or X-ray. I forgot) and the doctor said it qaw just poop build up. Is that the same of what's happening now?? I'm SK freaked. Also i seen the tiniest (literally. Smaller than a speck) red dots (like two) on the toilet paper. But I don't think there wqw blood in the poop since didn't really see red. Please help :-(

CoraB
09-01-16, 12:26
I've got weird poop too. It varies day by day but I ALWAYS have these small irregular shaped darker bits with the main poo. Like today (sorry if tmi) I had one big bit which was soft light brown and another bit was harder and a mixture of light brown with darker bits. I'm trying not to analyse it to death but so hard isn't it? I can't see any blood either but one time when I went for a wee there was one dot of red which freaked me out royally.

I'd be encourage by the scan seein nothing weird. I've been told mine is IBS but no tests to rule out anything more serious were done so I'm anxious about it over two years now.

Zim
09-01-16, 16:01
Hello there Jameer,

I was overly aware of my stool at the height of my health anxiety and the thing you'll notice is that it varies widely each time you go. It's the same for every other human being too because it is mostly influenced by your diet so there really isn't a 'normal' shape/size/colour for your stool. It depends what you have been eating that day.

I also had excess mucus in my stool and however much I freaked out about it, I was made aware that this was one of the main symptoms of 'IBS'. That's what it turned out to be and although I didn't believe it for a long time, expecting the worst, I've come to accept the diagnosis.

Sometimes I have bad spells and a lot of the time I have no symptoms at all. At your young age, you only really need to be concerned with your bowels if you are constantly experiencing pain and you are noticing black, 'tar-like' stools.

Good luck. :)

sunflower lady
10-01-16, 17:40
I have IBS with diarrhoea. I also worry about stools! The previous post was correct- a lot depends on what you have eaten. Try not to freak out like me- I ate spinach one day and it showed up later looking quite dark. Perhaps keep a diary of what you eat for a while, that can help.
If you are very worried the doctor can test a stool sample for blood. It's quite rare for that to happen though- especially in young people.
I also rang nhs 111 one day and they gave great advice. Take care :bighug1: