PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

sophiecarroll1984
07-01-16, 19:19
Hi all

I'm currently on sertraline for my health anxiety. However I have been experiencing horrible bad dreams and waking up drenched in sweat. I was wondering if this was a side effect of sertraline. (My health anxiety is telling me it's cancer related).

wareing77
07-01-16, 20:11
Yup, completely normal I'm afraid. I had it quite bad at the start, especially my hands and feet would pour sweat! Still get it on occasion but not often now.

Nick

sophiecarroll1984
07-01-16, 20:14
Thanks Nick, that's reassuring. The night sweats are a pain- my husband has demanded we have different duvets!

wareing77
08-01-16, 13:31
To be honest ive got a bit of a cold now and am sweating thru the night with it for the past week. Having to change my clothes twice a night as its so bad, dunno if its the combination of having a cold while on the sertraline or what. Never had this before these tablets ha! And my girlfriend is getting annoyed with it too ha!!

Nick

MissyMischief
08-01-16, 19:38
Well, I'm on Fluoxetine, not Sertraline anymore, but I'm definitely having crazy vivid dreams (mostly nightmares) and sweating every single night. Fortunately, I just sleep with my two dogs and they can't complain and probably don't care anyway. Before when I was on Sertraline I had the same really bad night sweats, although they did lessen quite a bit after a few weeks.

Take care!

jimsmrs
09-01-16, 13:48
Yes it's a common side effect, the other one that was really annoying was the yawning, I found the dreams more bizarre that scary, don't get them now.

It does pass though. Make sure your bedroom is cool or even cold, with a window open, yes even at this time of the year!!!!!!! and keep some water by your bed.

MissyMischief
10-01-16, 00:42
I know they sell these cooling mat things mainly for people with night sweats (especially for menopausal women). I saw them on Amazon. Just thought I'd throw that out there. It sucks waking up drenched in sweat and feeling clammy and gross.

MissEmilia
11-01-16, 19:47
I'm on day 11 of Sert and i've been sweating SO much too it's not even funny! My hands and feet have been the worst, but then i can get it on the back of my neck too, ick! Even when all of my other side effects seem to have stopped, the sweating is the one thing that remains.