PDA

View Full Version : Television tonight making me panic (eastenders)

Lilisa
07-01-16, 20:39
Hi all,

I have been suffering with general panic for 3 years now but have recently completed a CBT course and have been feeling great until I sat down tonight to watch some tv. There is a current storyline In eastenders with one of the characters experiencing a mental health issue and watching it made me very panicky, really anxious with heart palpitations and sweats. Now sat trying desperately to control my breathing and relax but just wondered if anyone else experiences this when watching tv/films with mental health issues?

Dcclark3777
07-01-16, 21:05
I didn't watch Eastenders but I have suffered like you describe while watching other programmes. I think it's fairly common and it's just caused by thoughts, but that's all they are, thoughts. They can't harm you xx

MyNameIsTerry
07-01-16, 21:59
I have had the same with TV. Sometimes even a sharp sound in an advert would do it.

It's a sensivity issue and it will go as you are start to recover. Mine did.

Eastenders has been typically over the top with everything colliding into one night, ratings tactic. Remember what Martin said 'mothers with bipolar harming their children is super rare'. I liked his reaction as it mirrors what people should feel who have understanding. Yet it's obvious they are steering it towards a harm storyline, they always go for the most shocking to get ratings.

The "helpful" interlude in her psychotic episode smacked of typical cheesiness!

Gregor
08-01-16, 16:48
I know what you mean about the Eastenders storyline. It didn't make me feel too bad, but i felt a sense of unease whilst watching it.

ShamKhan
09-01-16, 10:53
I am new on here. I thought it was me who was experiencing this tv watching thing. I cant watch im a celebrity as I feel like its me there and I csnt grt out of it