PDA

View Full Version : What TV shows are you watching right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MissyMischief
07-01-16, 21:28
Well, we have movies, books, music, it's about time for TV!

Hannibal-- caught up on all three seasons. Graphic, but amazing, amazing show. Will Graham actor is so hot = major bonus.

Bates Motel-- based off of Alfred Hitchick's Psycho. Set in modern day Oregon, but with a retro look. Surprisingly good how they pull off the crazy marijuana storyline.

Downton Abbey-- final season premiered here last week. I'm actually planning to wait for them all to be out so I can binge watch them. That's what I've done for all the other seasons.

Girls-- comedy with 20 something girls going through their crazy 20 something lives in New York City. Not as cheeseball as it sounds, I promise .Very smart and sharp humor/writing. I would highly recommend. I'm through season 4 right now.

Fishmanpa
07-01-16, 23:43
The wife and I have been watching "Supernatural" on Netflix. Good show! reminds me a bit of the X-Files.

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
08-01-16, 02:12
i've started watching brooklyn nine nine season 2 as well as starting from the beginning of criminal minds and chuck lol need to find new shows i keep rewatching stuff on netflix haha :roflmao:x

GingerFish
15-01-16, 09:43
Not watching anything new that I haven't seen before but I am currently rewatching all of Father Ted, Gimme Gimme Gimme and The Vicar Of Dibley. Could do with a laugh after the last few days!

MissyMischief
15-01-16, 19:12
Just started watching Black Books, which I just realized is a pretty old show, lol. It's new on Netflix, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Gingerfish--I love the Vicar of Dibley! I re-watch it often.

mezzaninedoor
17-01-16, 20:55
Im really into the following currently

series 9 of Doctor Who, such an improvement on last year
Mr.Robot, love the premised and Christian Slater is great in it
retro watching old Peep Show
War & Peace, it really is worth the effort to get into it, love it
Death in Paradise, this is our comfort show, watching it is like putting on a pair of old slippers

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

The wife and I have been watching "Supernatural" on Netflix. Good show! reminds me a bit of the X-Files.

Positive thoughts

I've always wanted to get into Supernatural but I have only ever managed odd episodes for some reason

blue moon
19-01-16, 06:26
Australian Open Tennis

silver blaze
19-01-16, 09:38
Call the midwife it's brill

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-16, 09:42
I've started on my Breaking Bad boxset. 3 episodes in and it's very good. Perhaps not quite what I expected but I like the normal guy aspect and all the mistakes & bungles they are making, not the typical "get it right first time all the time" heroes we tend to see.

mezzaninedoor
19-01-16, 18:43
I've started on my Breaking Bad boxset. 3 episodes in and it's very good. Perhaps not quite what I expected but I like the normal guy aspect and all the mistakes & bungles they are making, not the typical "get it right first time all the time" heroes we tend to see.

Breaking Bad is fabulous, all the way through. The quality doesnt really dip.

House of Cards likewise though about to start a 4th series.

As a lightweight but fun series I'm really liking 'Elementary'

Phuzella
19-01-16, 19:13
Breaking Bad is wonderful :)

mezzaninedoor
20-01-16, 10:25
I really think 'House of Cards' is just as good

Can't decide on sequel 'Better Call Saul' yet?

blue moon
21-01-16, 07:32
The Making of the Mob,:D

sandie
21-01-16, 10:20
Loved Breaking Bad ! We binged on the episodes - it became quite obsessive. The only episode which was a little 'puzzling' was the one with The Fly - but I suppose it was trying to illustrate the way the lead character was thinking ....

Game of Thrones is brilliant ! Incredibly written, superbly produced and beautifully acted.

Loved Downton too - and binged on the box set which I was given for my birthday.

Banshee - brilliant
Homeland - excellent
Blacklist - entertaining

mezzaninedoor
24-01-16, 12:15
just watching ' the golden age of childrens television' BBC4

I wonder if there is a case for bringing back that 5 minutes of children telly on BBC1 just before the 6pm news. Morph, Wombles, Magic Roundabout :)

It seems that satellite killed off teh golden age as the child audience was treated as consumer and was fragmented :(

jimsmrs
24-01-16, 15:30
Soaps, Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale etc.
watching the repeats of Downton Abbey on Encore
Midsommer Murders, Silent Witness and can't wait for the new series of Vera
and I'm recording Celebrity Big Brother.

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

And The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-16, 06:10
Endeavour was very good. Far better than the original Morse or Lewis.

jimsmrs
25-01-16, 17:01
Yes Endeavour is good

Great last episode last night!!!

Blinkyrocket
25-01-16, 18:30
House, you might think it wouldn't be good for health anxiety but I like watching all these "unsolvable" cases get solved, it's comforting. 9.5/10

KeeKee
25-01-16, 21:03
I absolutely adore the Walking Dead. I can't get enough of it.
I also like Impractical Jokers a bit of silly fun which somehow always makes me laugh which is strange considering I find nothing funny these days.
I also like a few old Programmes I'm too embarrassed to write them down though haha.

Bakebeansrule
26-01-16, 05:35
I'm 6 series into sons on anarchy but finding it quite difficult to watch at the moment. 5 series into once upon a time, it's quite relaxing to watch! Just finished series 1 of under the dome though not sure what to make of it yet

sandie
26-01-16, 12:00
Have discovered The Knick with Clive Owen. A bit graphic and perhaps not the best viewing if you are squeamish, but very interesting and well acted.

mezzaninedoor
26-01-16, 13:45
I really think it's well past time for a big big BBC documentary on mental health looking at conditions , treatments , NHS ability to cope etc etc

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-16, 07:15
I watched the Donald Trump documentary earlier. If he ever got in he would probably rename The White House to Trump House or knock it down and put a high rise up. You have to be pretty bad if Sarah Palin is fighting your corner.

Something that came to mind watching it was Brewster's Millions. Perhaps he's doing a Monty Brewster so he gets everyone's votes to then turn around and say "vote none of the above" and point out how easy it is if you say the right things?

mezzaninedoor
27-01-16, 11:44
I like my telly, sometimes I love highbrow stuff but sometimes its nice to have something that just entertains like
'Death in Paradise' /or/
'Castle' which Im watching right now &
'Flash' which Im watching next

ChrisScotland
27-01-16, 18:52
Finished watching Fargo series the other month; not as good as the first series, but still pretty enjoyable.

Superworrier
27-01-16, 18:58
Getting bathed and into ojs to watch the hunting games !!
Red wine and a box of black magic :D

GingerFish
28-01-16, 19:04
Catching up on the latest episodes of The Undateables.

MyNameIsTerry
03-02-16, 04:39
Watched The Secret Life Of The Zoo.

Very good. I really enjoyed watching the elephants and how they rallied around the pregnant matriarch when they realised she was having a bad night and then watched over her as she finally went to sleep.

MissyMischief
03-02-16, 07:45
Z Nation on Netflix. Not a bad zombie show. It's a little hokey at times, but I guess all zombie stuff is a bit hokey to begin with. I honestly enjoy it more than The Walking Dead, or at least, I like the characters better.

mezzaninedoor
05-02-16, 14:16
Really enjoyed the first few episodes of the new Ripper Street

Cant wait for the new X-Files on channel 5 ....... yay for Mulder / Scully

Pleut
06-02-16, 23:50
Currently binge-watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix.
Loving Scorpion at the moment. The Good Wife has become a little disappointing but we're sticking with it in the hope that it gets back to how it was before.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is great for a short burst of comedy.

I can't remember the others at the moment.

Fishmanpa
07-02-16, 02:37
The new episodes of X Files... Awesome! The Truth Is Out There!

Positive thoughts

Mi
07-02-16, 03:55
Just started watching the good wife on Netflix and loving it! Before that I was watching pretty little liars but not keen on the new ones

mezzaninedoor
19-02-16, 14:21
we now have BBC II! as a purely online channel and with it the return of the very IMHO funny 'Cuckoo', Greg Davies is such a watchable clown of an actor, but there is pathos there as well.

emily67
19-02-16, 15:43
currently, my tv skedule looks a little like this

monday- new series of benidorm

tried killjoys but didn't like it so stopped

tuesday- it's not rocket science, and south of hell

wednesday- the new series of limitless (amazing), and don't tell the bride (which i just love)

thursday- lucky man, and the keith lemmon sketch show

friday- nothing, since gangland undercover was rudely interupted by OJ simpson (bring back gangland!. need to know what happens after episode 3)

saturday- ant and dec's saturday night takeaway

sunday- nothing.

i also just ordered the complete series of the BBC show atlantis, so i might start watching that

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-16, 06:13
Watched Earth's Greatest Spectacles. about the wetland of the Okavango Delta in the middle of the vast Kalahari Desert. It was very interesting.

The one on ITV looks good but sadly it has Davina McCall jumping about pulling faces rather than a credible professional in the field. I don't mind celebrities narrating but they shouldn't be in place of an expert in presenting such a show or series.

pulisa
20-02-16, 08:40
I'm going to try The Night Manager-the BBC's Le Carre drama series which starts tomorrow night. Hope it's not too complicated..

mezzaninedoor
20-02-16, 08:40
Fridays 'Earths Greatest Spectacles' was fabulous
& love
'The Last Leg' for light relief

Magic
20-02-16, 12:15
Gogglebox . new series started last night, looking forward to The Night Manager x

MissyMischief
20-02-16, 19:00
The Making of a Murderer on Netflix--Contrary to what it sound like, this is not about how a child becomes a serial killer. It follows the true story of a man who--supposedly--is framed by the police department. It's so addictive and just despicable! Highly recommended if you're into this sort of thing.

I don't know what the show is called, but I've been watching a lot of British crime shows on the YouTube channel, RealCrimeUK.

American Horror Story season 1--This is a rewatch. Good show.

GingerFish
21-02-16, 11:03
Currently rewatching Top Gear from the start, well from when Clarkson, May and Hammond hosted it. Its made me remember I have a very big soft spot for James May :D

Carnation
21-02-16, 11:49
Currently Watching;

Benidorm (Disappointing series, not as good as the others).
Lucky Man (First 3 were good, now dragging a bit, but love the soundtrack)
The Good Wife (Because my partner likes the woman in it).
The Voice (Only like the auditions)
Mr Selfridge (Brilliant!)
Suits (Because my partner fantasies he is the main character)
The Original episodes of Star Trek
The Big Bang Theory (My favourite for laughter)

And eagerly waiting for the new John Le Carre series & Britain's Got Talent. :)

MissyMischief
21-02-16, 19:04
Breaking Bad--Why did I wait so long to watch this show? It's SO good :yesyes:! I binge-watched the whole first season last night...oooops. Now I'm forcing myself to wait until my boyfriend comes back from his trip, so we can watch it together. So so hard to wait!

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-16, 05:23
Breaking Bad--Why did I wait so long to watch this show? It's SO good :yesyes:! I binge-watched the whole first season last night...oooops. Now I'm forcing myself to wait until my boyfriend comes back from his trip, so we can watch it together. So so hard to wait!

Or if you are good actor you could pretend you haven't watched it yet...:winks:

MissyMischief
22-02-16, 19:41
Or if you are good actor you could pretend you haven't watched it yet...:winks:

Alas, it is too late for that! I already told my boyfriend I was stopping after episode 3 so that we could watch the rest of season 1 together. Oh well, lol :roflmao:It's pretty much taking all my self control to not start season 2 without him. I'm trying so hard to be a good girlfriend, but it's challenging at times such as this :doh:.

MyNameIsTerry
01-03-16, 11:38
Life at the Extreme with Davina McCall.

As predicted, she spent most of it gurning as usual. :doh: Seeing a Sidewinder coming down a sand dune and saying to the guide 'is that a snake?'...well it isn't a bloody big worm!!!

I think the Cheetah was looking at her like she was a right buffoon when she was running back and forth trying to tempt it out of the shade.

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Alas, it is too late for that! I already told my boyfriend I was stopping after episode 3 so that we could watch the rest of season 1 together. Oh well, lol :roflmao:It's pretty much taking all my self control to not start season 2 without him. I'm trying so hard to be a good girlfriend, but it's challenging at times such as this :doh:.

Ah, but he doesn't know that...watching more, not the being a good GF bit. :D

MyNameIsTerry
08-03-16, 10:47
Watched The Story of Cats on ITV Sunday night. It was about rescue lions and the guy who rolls around on the floor with them. It also talked about the behaviours of domesticated cats and how they evolved from wild cat species.

I like tigers and any of the white breeds of wild cat but I really loved the Clouded Leopard. With it's long snout and eyes it reminded me of The Pink Panther. Very interesting how it still hunts in the trees for monkeys and birds.

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/clouded-leopard-2.jpg
http://www.houstonzoo.org/blog/media/2012/10/Clouded-Leopard-Cubs-5126.jpg

Magic
08-03-16, 12:35
"The Night Manager."

What beautiful pictures Terry. My husband watches all these sorts of nature/animal programs. xx

Fishmanpa
08-03-16, 16:42
The wife and I started watching "Cuckoo" on Netflix. British sitcom... Pretty funny so far :)

Positive thoughts

MrsCav
08-03-16, 19:47
The People V's OJ Simpson. I am loving this! I remember when it was all going on.

Happy Valley, this series is as good as the first series.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Watched The Story of Cats on ITV Sunday night. It was about rescue lions and the guy who rolls around on the floor with them. It also talked about the behaviours of domesticated cats and how they evolved from wild cat species.

I like tigers and any of the white breeds of wild cat but I really loved the Clouded Leopard. With it's long snout and eyes it reminded me of The Pink Panther. Very interesting how it still hunts in the trees for monkeys and birds.

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/05/clouded-leopard-2.jpg
http://www.houstonzoo.org/blog/media/2012/10/Clouded-Leopard-Cubs-5126.jpg

Gorgeous! If money was no object I would love a Bengal cat. Actually, I would have a house full of them. Gorgeous.

MyNameIsTerry
14-03-16, 06:27
Watched the series of The Jump.

Not as good as the previous two series, especially the first.

The producers certainly messed the format up making it weekly rather than daily. Then they managed to give the celebrities a way to bypass doing the jump at all by using the air jump instead, which was only used as a special event in the previous series. Even in the final no one used the highest jump when in previous seasons, they did. In the previous two seasons the celebrities were going off even the lowest jump from night one yet in this they were all ducking that in favour of the air jump...which any child could do without any training!

Easy ride.

And then we have the bringing back of Heather Mills. Arrogant as ever and full of excuses and made herself look a right plonker by having something to stop her competing constantly.

Arg came back in after being knocked out the week before to replace Linford, the athletic hero who must have had tons of injuries and be used to physical pain...yet pulled one of those ever so delicate areas that only athletes seem to be able to pull unlike any person off the street who would carry on! :doh: I was glad to see Arg booted out the same night he came back. And sick of Davina telling us all to love the plonker!

The worst happened though - Joe Swash! I was glad to see him leave quite quickly, the guy is a like a teenager and very annoying. His shoulder injury seemed to be a lot better when he came back, so it was obviously just a bruise and not the chipped shoulder they claimed. Prat. The week he went out it was quite obvious that they had an odd number of people for races that needed evens and Swash is injured so can't take part. :rolleyes:

rosegarden
19-03-16, 17:33
Currently watching 4400 on Netflix great series so far! And Big Bang theory I purchased all the seasons and then they came on Netflix a few days later!

mezzaninedoor
20-03-16, 13:02
Blacklist .......... The lead actors in this are fabulous

MissyMischief
21-03-16, 05:03
Just finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Started American Horror Story...I think it's called "Occult" with the witches. So far it's not as good as the other seasons.

MyNameIsTerry
27-03-16, 07:37
"The Night Manager."

What beautiful pictures Terry. My husband watches all these sorts of nature/animal programs. xx

There is a book out too, Magic. I saw it new in Tesco in the paperback section this week.

I love nature programmes. They remind us of the beauty in this world.

Phuzella
27-03-16, 07:56
Employable Me.
Brilliant programme, it put things into perspective for me :shades:

MyNameIsTerry
27-03-16, 08:27
Employable Me.
Brilliant programme, it put things into perspective for me :shades:

I didn't see it but I did see some clips on Gogglebox and it looked very interesting.

I am fairly cynical with employers though...there would be a terrible backlash on them if they had not taken someone on so I felt this was companies that were willing to give them a go and I don't think that maps to employers who just want things easy. Two people with near identical scores in an interview but one has a condition that could need more work from the employer...and guess who gets turned down? :winks:

It's great to see anything positive to help people though. Hopefully it changes opinion even a little to make things better for them.

Phuzella
27-03-16, 08:37
Yeah I get what you mean about employers. The man with autism, in particular, though was given a chance to show what skills he had and was given the job on this basis.
What I took away from the prog was that nobody should ever be written off because they don't fit into society's version of 'normal'.

MyNameIsTerry
27-03-16, 08:56
Totally agree. There's obviously some jobs that are not possible but there should be many that are too.

The idea of a 2 week trial is a good thing for someone like that guy to showcase his talents rather than be written off in the interview. Sadly, that costs time & money.

I remember at my last place they would always pick the quick options. This is really sad to say but I can still remember one of the HR people writing off a guy straight away because his English wasn't good (it was an office admin job :doh:) so people with challenging conditions stand little chance with employers like this even though they could be better than the "normal" ones they picked over them.

The same with us to an extent. I've often said that having a break in my CV due to mental health issues gives me all the employability of anyone with a criminal record. But at least I can rebuild my CV and start again, not constantly face the battle these men & women do with society.

Magic
27-03-16, 12:00
I am watching the TV program's about the Brontes. It was on last night and another one tonight. Haworth is my most favourite place. I have been there many times.
I went by myself once on the bus (something I never done before on my own as I have no sense of direction .I knew I would not get lost in one street)
I missed GoggleBox on Friday. don't know how I did that! I will watch it on repeat to night.x

MissyMischief
27-03-16, 19:48
I just finished re-watching season 5 of Downton Abbey. Now I can watch the final season! Looking forward to it, but sad that it's going to be over. :weep:

31andcounting
27-03-16, 19:51
Hubby and I have recently been sucked in to the "Falling Skies" series.

MrsCav
29-03-16, 15:18
I'm another who has just finished watching The Night Manager and I am troubled that I have never come across Tom Hiddleston before ..... and why I am not Mrs Tom Hiddleston.

pulisa
29-03-16, 18:11
He's such a "pretty boy" though..:D How are you finding the OJ drama? John Travolta is hilarious,isn't he?!All that plastic surgery!

Carnation
29-03-16, 18:16
I too have just finished watching 'The Night Manager' :(
I thought Hugh Laurie was superb!

MrsCav
30-03-16, 18:15
He is a pretty boy, but I tell you what, I could wake up every morning next to him and know its no great hardship. I love the OJ drama, I can't make out if John Travolta has something in his mouth, he looks so strange.

Is there anything else any good on the old telly box worth watching?

MyNameIsTerry
31-03-16, 05:05
Watched The Island. Gave up on it last season, I wasn't convinced when they starting finding old electrical items and how docile those "wild" pigs were...especially the piglets who wanted to play with them all the time!

One woman was a camera operator and boasted about going around the world but just moaned all the time on this so she hardly came across as someone used to camera work outside of a studio. She seemed to be panicking, which was labelled a panic attack and got the usual "get a grip" type stuff.

I did laugh at the doctor on there though, she is going to make a fine GP. Collecting water from a stagnant pool that the wildlife probably all ignore in favour of some lovely fresh running water. She tasted it and pronounced it "a little bit salty with a strong eggy taste". :doh: So, she obviously didn't twig that a stagnant pool tasting like that would likely mean a high mineral content of something. Sulphur? So, they boil of the bacteria and Bear tells us it won't get all the toxins out...well, no, because they need to distill the water to drink the purified steam and let the minerals settle in the container they boil it from.

I'm surprised a doctor didn't have some basic knowledge here or perhaps common sense. But then the next morning several women are ill and one is retching. The Doc asks if she has been drinking much water, is told no and decides the patient needs to just drink more water! Well done Doc. :doh:

blue moon
31-03-16, 06:49
Watching CI channel,program called Wives with Knives....lol

MrsCav
31-03-16, 14:15
I seen that Wives with Knives programme advertised .... starting this Saturday, light entertainment at its best! :D

MissyMischief
31-03-16, 17:18
Well, I feel like I've exhausted the YouTube true crime dramas, so I've graduated to Amazon streaming. The seasons are pretty cheap, luckily and they last a few days.

So far I've watched: Ice Cold Killers Season 2,3,4...season 1 not available...wonder why?

Now I'm watching Bloodlands Season 1.

MrsCav--Wives with Knives sounds awesome! Wish we had that here! :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
01-04-16, 05:18
Been watching Bear Grylls Mission Survive most weeks.

Got to love gems from Bear like "if an elephant charges you, you need to get behind something pretty substantial". Bear, I think if the elephant is rumbling, it means "sod off, human". Anyway, those camera angles are funny, on some you look like you could almost stroke it, yet you are hundreds of yards away on others. :whistles:

I did laugh tonight though. Michelle & Jason deciding to gut a shark and throw it's guts back in the same river Bear has just said they get Bull sharks in. :doh:

Bear decided they needed to learn about how Mrs Robinson (Swiss family Robinson) gave rectal rehydration as a nurse to her family to keep them alive in the boat. I can't remember that in the film but I won't be looking at it the same again now. Bear had a twig in his mouth to bite down on whilst a medic inserted a very small nozzle up his bum. Seriously? Ever had a sigmoidoscopy or even worse, the full monty colonoscopy? It's a lot worse than that little nozzle and far less dramatic than you made it mate!

The celebs then did it. I doubt I was the only one thinking Jason had one hell of an advantage there. :winks: Although it was Michelle who made me laugh by asking 'have you put it in yet?' :roflmao: Thanks for the incite into your "experience" there, Michelle!

MyNameIsTerry
02-04-16, 04:50
Watched Billy Connelly's Track Across America.

It was good. I really enjoyed his earlier one a few years back on the trike (which was very cool!).

I would rather see people like this and learn a bit about the world than the constant barrage of mind-numbing plonkers from celeb land.

pulisa
02-04-16, 18:01
The new drama series "Undercover" which fills the Night Manager time slot looks promising..

MissyMischief
03-04-16, 05:46
Watching the first season of Outlander. I tried the first book a few years ago, and just couldn't get into it. Luckily the Starz version is pretty good. And I needed a break from all the crime dramas, lol.

MyNameIsTerry
03-04-16, 07:11
Watched a programme with Ben Fogle about 200 sharks gobbling up a dead whale they were dragging to study what happens when they die. It was obviously aimed at sharks since it didn't do much to cover what happens as the whale sinks. It was good.

One of the cameramen got nipped on the bum by a shark. Not a very good shark though since it's teeth didn't even pierce a wetsuit...I guess it must have been a very old shark with no dentures. :whistles:

I think I would like to see a follow up series to this. Perhaps with them dragging some politicians behind the boat. :winks:

MissyMischief
04-04-16, 05:38
Watched a programme with Ben Fogle about 200 sharks gobbling up a dead whale they were dragging to study what happens when they die. It was obviously aimed at sharks since it didn't do much to cover what happens as the whale sinks. It was good.

This totally reminded me about a cool piece from a Radiolab podcast I heard a while back. It talks about how a whale sinks and decomposes. It's pretty cool and oddly beautiful...the process takes YEARS. It starts at about 28 mins in and is only about 8 minutes or so.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/161744-loops/

You don't HAVE to listen, but I just remembered how cool this piece was and couldn't help but post for any whale-loving folks reading.

Radiolab is a badass podcast, FYI! Some of their episodes have changed my life. So, so good.

mezzaninedoor
04-04-16, 11:23
Im gearing up for Game of Thrones series 6 which is imminent
There appear to be such catch up shows before hand which should be fun as well

Im also keen to watch the 'Undercover' series from the BBC on Sunday evenings

I've been enjoying the BBC2 stand up series 'live at the BBC' as well

Fishmanpa
04-04-16, 12:44
The wife and I started watching "Ranch" on Netflix. It features Danny Masterson and Ashton Kutcher who worked together in That 70's Show. Some other big names too. Pretty good sitcom and the characters and dynamics between Kutcher and Masterson are very similar to their characters on the 70's show.

Positive thoughts

MrsCav
05-04-16, 17:29
Did anyone catch 'Marcella' last night? Blimey, that was good. I'm a tad gutted as it's not a book and I would buy it as I need to know what that story is.

pulisa
05-04-16, 18:51
I've Sky +d it- looks right up my street!

MrsCav
05-04-16, 19:01
Oooh you are in for a treat! The reviews today have been fantastic. It's really really good.

pulisa
05-04-16, 21:08
It's had very good reviews hasn't it! I love a good serial killer drama.

That OJ programme is getting farcical!

MrsCav
06-04-16, 13:40
I can not believe that the race card was allowed to played as much as it was. It was a murder case. I have a theory, all those on OJ's side, Cochrane dead, Kardashian dead, the older fella, Will I think, he is disbarred and Shapiro has had a step child die. My theory is like the tomb of King Tut, it's bad. OJ soooooooooooo killed Nicole and Ron ... or his older son did it! But one bloomin' Simpson did it!

Oh yeah, I love a good serial killer drama too, mind you, I like reading about serial killers too. I have an odd brain. :D

pulisa
06-04-16, 17:07
Me too:DMy son did a criminology degree-the titles of his set texts were enough to ring alarm bells at the local booksellers......

MrsCav
06-04-16, 17:29
Has your son wrote a book? I have a few friends who read books about serial killers, I think because its so alien to anything we could do it's just so disturbingly interesting. I would love to sit down and have a chat with your son, does he not fancy becoming one of those criminal profilers? Aren't there only 3 in the country. Fascinating.

BrokenAge
06-04-16, 17:34
Watching Sons of Anarchy. I'm on season 5 (almost 6) and loving every bit of it honestly. I'd recommend it to anyone on Netflix

pulisa
06-04-16, 18:22
Has your son wrote a book? I have a few friends who read books about serial killers, I think because its so alien to anything we could do it's just so disturbingly interesting. I would love to sit down and have a chat with your son, does he not fancy becoming one of those criminal profilers? Aren't there only 3 in the country. Fascinating.

No, he's no author just fascinated by bizarre serial killers...I bet you love the film "Seven"? Have you seen "The Bone Collector"?

MrsCav
06-04-16, 19:13
Seven I've seen but not The Bone Collector.... but it is now on my list of films to watch.

I will read more than watch. I read anything on our (the countries) serial killers, so anything on Hindley and Brady, Fred and Rose West, The Yorkshire Ripper etc. I like to read about the American lady Aileen Wournos. I just find it very difficult to understand why anyone would think 'I'm going to kill someone today' ....... I'll probably end up buying something to do with OJ after this programme has finished.

MyNameIsTerry
06-04-16, 23:13
Seven I've seen but not The Bone Collector.... but it is now on my list of films to watch.

I will read more than watch. I read anything on our (the countries) serial killers, so anything on Hindley and Brady, Fred and Rose West, The Yorkshire Ripper etc. I like to read about the American lady Aileen Wournos. I just find it very difficult to understand why anyone would think 'I'm going to kill someone today' ....... I'll probably end up buying something to do with OJ after this programme has finished.

There's a book in Tesco about OJ. Maybe it's a tie in? It's a paperback.

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

No, he's no author just fascinated by bizarre serial killers...I bet you love the film "Seven"? Have you seen "The Bone Collector"?

The Bone Collector is an excellent film. Well worth watching, MrsCav. I've seen the book in the past, was it Jeffrey Deaver, pulisa?

How about To Catch A Killer? I'll never forget Brian Dennehy's excellent acting. Very creepy.

MyNameIsTerry
07-04-16, 07:32
But one bloomin' Simpson did it!

http://userscontent2.emaze.com/images/48463436-7653-4a62-aad6-df896f21680f/ce909f45-d518-408e-896b-49d045a03157image9.jpeg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/7/7b/Eat_My_Shorts.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100606181712

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

This totally reminded me about a cool piece from a Radiolab podcast I heard a while back. It talks about how a whale sinks and decomposes. It's pretty cool and oddly beautiful...the process takes YEARS. It starts at about 28 mins in and is only about 8 minutes or so.

http://www.radiolab.org/story/161744-loops/

You don't HAVE to listen, but I just remembered how cool this piece was and couldn't help but post for any whale-loving folks reading.

Radiolab is a badass podcast, FYI! Some of their episodes have changed my life. So, so good.

Thanks Geniore, I shall have a look at that shortly. :yesyes:

Whales are beautiful creatures. It's amazing how they give so much back to the survival of other creatures when they die. I think I've seen other programmes like this about large mammals.

mezzaninedoor
07-04-16, 15:51
Admission Time !!!

Through watching it with my 3 1/2 year old Grandson I have fallen in love with 'Thunderbirds are Go', its not as good as the original but it's actually a really nice reMake, it's witty and it has reall model work alongside CGI instead of puppetry. A couple of episodes I noted were written by David Baddiel which probably means that the scripting team has some wit amongst it though I don't recognise a lot of the other writers.

The only thing it suffers from ( a bit like Nu Who ( post 2005 Doctor Who )) is that the plots are very pacey and the action is cut very quickly from scene to scene. I guess that goes with the territory of telling each episode in 25 minutes now rather than the old 45 minutes.

Well done to the WETA company for the new Thunderbird launch sequences.

MyNameIsTerry
08-04-16, 02:44
I can not believe that the race card was allowed to played as much as it was. It was a murder case. I have a theory, all those on OJ's side, Cochrane dead, Kardashian dead, the older fella, Will I think, he is disbarred and Shapiro has had a step child die. My theory is like the tomb of King Tut, it's bad. OJ soooooooooooo killed Nicole and Ron ... or his older son did it! But one bloomin' Simpson did it!

Oh yeah, I love a good serial killer drama too, mind you, I like reading about serial killers too. I have an odd brain. :D

Couldn't see the OJ book in Tesco tonight but they have just had in one about Jeremy Bamber.

Phuzella
08-04-16, 06:32
Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners. I had the misfortune to watch an episode. Once again making the condition look slightly ridiculous and mainly to do with getting your cooker shiny.

MyNameIsTerry
09-04-16, 04:39
Couldn't see the OJ book in Tesco tonight but they have just had in one about Jeremy Bamber.

The OJ book is still in, it just wasn't on the shelves when I looked.

There's a murderers programme on Pick soon so you might both want to watch out for that.

pulisa
09-04-16, 09:01
That sounds really dodgy!:D

MissyMischief
10-04-16, 17:51
My boyfriend is back from his trip, so we are watching Breaking Bad the FINAL season! I'm going to be so sad when it's over.

I've also started American Horror Story HOTEL. It's possibly the strangest one yet...I'm still trying to decide if I like it. It's really weird to see Lady Gaga in a major acting role.

mezzaninedoor
11-04-16, 09:19
Im currently really enjoying the Vintage TV Sessions, a vintage music channel has this

They mix up old bands and newcomers so its a nice mix of live music

MyNameIsTerry
18-04-16, 05:20
Indian Summers.

Only seen the 2nd series. It's well written in terms of the characters but I feel it is let down in certain areas. For instance, Aafrin is like a rabbit in headlights whenever something dodgy is mentioned that is connected to his true mission. He looks guilty and I wonder whether that's supposed to be that way or just bad acting? Some of the writing is suspect e.g. the lord afraid what people would think of him trying to molest a servant girl. Come on, no one would care back in the days of acceptable domestic violence and women still being subservient, let alone in the House of Lords...they probably would have shook his hand while calling him a scallywag! :rolleyes: Christ, these days politicians are at worse!

And tonight there was a explosion from half a dozen sticks of dynamite that would have struggled to blow the skin off a rice pudding! It blew a big hole in the ground, that very hard stuff that is difficult to blow a hole in, yet left a human being completely intact with a dusty suit! This device was supposed to blow up a load of people at a party and it did sweet FA. That for me is bad writing.

The rest otherwise seems good. But it is far too slow. Whether this is just the 2nd series, I don't know, but I'm struggling to understand what the big hoohah is about it based on this series. Good, but not amazing.

Julie Walters character is a vile person, but well acted. Ralph Whelan's character is very good. I'm trying to work out what his brother-in-law has on him though because a guy with that kind of power could surely do all sorts to him for beating his sister and easily get away with it? :shrug:

It seems very popular though. Perhaps it's just the 2nd series?

MrsCav
19-04-16, 13:35
Terry - That Jeremy Bamber is a strange one, I love when the documentaries come on about serial killers. I must live in the only town that doesn't have a Tesco! We did, then they shut it.

I am binge watching The Walking Dead. I remember watching it the first time round, watched about 3 eps and then just dropped it. But I am loving it now. It's really strange hearing Andrew Lincolns deep south accent when he will always be Egg from This Life to me. And should be with Milly!! I've got a few seasons to go till I'm up to date.

Genoire - You'll love Better Call Saul, that is brilliant and I think only 2 seasons. But most of the characters in Breaking Bad appear (apart from Jesse and Walter). Wasn't it brilliant what happened to Gus???? Best scene or episode of Breaking Bad!

mezzaninedoor
19-04-16, 19:43
I'm catching up on BBC 'War & Peace' on the PVR as I had only watched the first 3 episodes, very very good

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-16, 08:15
Terry - That Jeremy Bamber is a strange one, I love when the documentaries come on about serial killers. I must live in the only town that doesn't have a Tesco! We did, then they shut it.

On the book cover he looks like Mr Spock!

Jeffrey Deaver has a new book out and the name of the forensic expert was Lincoln something, which rang a bell from The Bone Collector film pulisa mentioned, and inside it does show he wrote that story too. It's worth a watch.

To Catch A Killer too. Brian Dennehy portrays Gacy in that.

mezzaninedoor
20-04-16, 12:11
I have just started to watch 'Happy-ISH' with Steve Coogan
Very funny, another US Cable hit

MissyMischief
21-04-16, 01:44
Genoire - You'll love Better Call Saul, that is brilliant and I think only 2 seasons. But most of the characters in Breaking Bad appear (apart from Jesse and Walter). Wasn't it brilliant what happened to Gus???? Best scene or episode of Breaking Bad!

Yeah! I just saw the Better Call Saul listed on Netflix a few days ago! I'm so stoked! Although I'm gonna miss Walt and Jesse... I loved the that scene with Gus! Such a good, good show with wonderful characters!

MyNameIsTerry
21-04-16, 05:16
Been re watching The Detectives, an old BBC comedy with Robert Powell & Jasper Carrot. Classic. A very different role for Powell and he was brilliant in it.

MissyMischief
21-04-16, 22:00
Fear Thy Neighbor-- on the third season already, purchased from Amazon. So, so good! At first I thought it would be about the secret murderer/pedophile next door, but it's actually about these insane neighbor feuds! Normal people without criminal records who end up hating each other so much that murdeer usually occurs. I love reenactment, and it's just really entertaining to see just how far people will go when fighting over the smallest, most insignificant things. If you think your neighbors are bad, check out this show and you will feel much better!!

mezzaninedoor
25-04-16, 15:48
Re Watched 'The Day of the Doctor' from 2013, still a great celebration of Doctor Who. fabulous.

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-16, 09:54
Watched an episode of Steve Backshall's Fierce tonight. Thought it was a good programme. I've seen some of his before and enjoyed them.

Given up pretty much on Drive. Vernon Kay is a plonker anyway with his silly excuses for his private life so it's perhaps poorly timed. The programme is ok, it's just been done a lot before and doesn't stand out. The night race is pants, the previous challenges are harder than that and proven by Louie Walsh who was terrible, but ok at the night race!

Carnation
27-04-16, 10:22
'The Durells', such a disappointment; they could have done so much with this storyline.

Loved the 'Billy Connelly' 2 part USA programme.

Laughed out loud at the old clips of 'Acorn Antiques' when they showed the best of Victoria Wood.

Watching 'Britain's Got Talent'. Loved the man playing the piano lying on the floor. :D
Trying to persuade Mr C to go on as he can play with his feet, elbows and ars....

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-16, 10:32
'The Durells', such a disappointment; they could have done so much with this storyline.

Loved the 'Billy Connelly' 2 part USA programme.

Laughed out loud at the old clips of 'Acorn Antiques' when they showed the best of Victoria Wood.

Watching 'Britain's Got Talent'. Loved the man playing the piano lying on the floor. :D
Trying to persuade Mr C to go on as he can play with his feet, elbows and ars....

I'm glad you stopped there, who knows what appendage would be next! :ohmy::roflmao:

I enjoyed the Billy Connelly one too. Did you see his Route 66 one a few years back? That was very good. Sadly, he can't do as much now with his Parkinsons so I guess they had to keep it a bit shorter for him.

I haven't seen Victoria Wood for years. Another shame, she wasn't old.

I keep hearing Prince songs everywhere too at the moment, which is good, although some of his ruder ones won't be getting airtime! :winks:

mezzaninedoor
27-04-16, 10:44
Every piece of Victoria Wood that has been shown has been a joy, what a talent she was?

Currently getting ready to start watching series 6 of 'Game of Thrones' by watching all the Sky Atlantic best of GOT, GOT story so far content. looking forward to more epic tales

Carnation
27-04-16, 10:57
I keep hearing Prince songs everywhere too at the moment, which is good, although some of his ruder ones won't be getting airtime! :winks:

What? And being a Christian? :D

Yes, I did see the Route 66 Terry. It was quite sad for me watching him, because I could see some my Dad's traits. But Billy has a very strong constitution.

Mr C has 'No Comment'. :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-16, 11:18
What? And being a Christian? :D

Yes, I did see the Route 66 Terry. It was quite sad for me watching him, because I could see some my Dad's traits. But Billy has a very strong constitution.

Mr C has 'No Comment'. :roflmao:

I was thinking about doing a tribute to Prince with his "Gett Off" number but "23 positions in a one night stand" would be exhausting, and these days would involve 23 nights too. :blush::roflmao:

MissyMischief
28-04-16, 17:36
Just started Better Call Saul. So, so good!

mezzaninedoor
29-04-16, 08:57
Im currently watching 'The Hollow Crown' repeats on BBC4

Rory Kinnear is such a good actor

MyNameIsTerry
02-05-16, 07:02
The Secret Life Of Puppies & Kittens. Loved it. It was just dogs in last weeks episode. Who doesn't love to see puppies being born and playing and sleeping in a heap all over each other? :woof:http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/dogs/t0472.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-dogs.php?page=4)

Magic
02-05-16, 13:34
Indian Summers. and Gogglebox xx

Mojo61
02-05-16, 13:59
I'm watching come dine with me

mezzaninedoor
03-05-16, 15:46
binge watched 'Shetland', very good

MyNameIsTerry
04-05-16, 07:48
Been watching a fair bit of the...http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/sport/billard.gif

mezzaninedoor
05-05-16, 13:17
Yes. I always get drawn into the Snooker for some reason. Cosy telly I guess, doesn't require too much thought.

Catching up on UnHappy Valley now ...............

blue moon
06-05-16, 12:52
Mob Wives :D

MissyMischief
07-05-16, 17:06
I've been watching THE PATH, with Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad, and Hugh Dancy from Hannibal. Two of my favorite actors from two of my favorite shows!!! Lordie, lordie they're so hot!!

The show is about this creepy New England cult following. Hugh Dancy is the leader, and Aaron Paul is having doubts. Pretty good so far. Cults are so weird.

Mugs
07-05-16, 23:23
Black List

Fishmanpa
08-05-16, 00:02
Frankie & Grace 2nd season on Netflix :D

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-16, 09:22
Indian Summers. and Gogglebox xx

Did you know they have cancelled Indian Summers, Magic? It was supposed to be 5 series long but the rating have taken a big hit and I heard CH4 had pulled the plug. Maybe another channel will pick it up?

I've got some criticisms over realism and a few other things but it can't be denied that the sets are amazing and the acting is excellent. It's something more interesting to see on the box than the usual reality stuff and soaps.

blue moon
09-05-16, 10:09
I like Goggle box Aus,they have some funny folk and good for a laugh.:D

mezzaninedoor
09-05-16, 11:00
The Five
&
Happy Valley

Lucinda07
09-05-16, 17:51
Indian Summers.
As Channel 4 has dropped the series, I doubt we'll see evil Charlie get his comeuppance!:mad:

Fishmanpa
11-05-16, 13:22
2nd season of Grace and Frankie - Netflix... Brilliant cast and show!

Positive thoughts

TheDucky
11-05-16, 13:31
Just finished Jessica Jones and American Horror Story... looking for new netflix shows.

Always watching Grey's Anatomy, Meredith in the "dark and twisty place" is so relatable.

mezzaninedoor
13-05-16, 06:54
Peaky Blinders is fabulous at the moment.
Im finding that I'm watching less telly but Im really getting into the stuff I do watch.

Mugs
13-05-16, 19:13
Blue Bloods

MissyMischief
16-05-16, 18:41
Flesh and Bone--Gritty ballet drama. Dancing is amazing!

Mugs
17-05-16, 01:00
Pawn Stars

MissyMischief
18-05-16, 07:38
Bleak House. Started the series years ago when it was on TV here in the US...never finished it for some reason. Well, I properly binge-watched the miniseries these last two days! Hoorah! :yesyes:

Fishmanpa
19-05-16, 17:20
The wife and I just watched the docu-series "The 70's" on Netflix. Talk about a walk through memory lane! VERY well done. produced by Tom Hanks for one!

Positive thoughts

mezzaninedoor
20-05-16, 08:03
currently binge watching
Orphan Black, really good and different

Fishmanpa
31-05-16, 17:16
We started watching "The 60's" by the same team that produced "The 70's" on Netflix. They're very well done and it's interesting going back and re-living a time when I grew up. We're a couple of episodes into the 60's series and I have to say I'm appalled and embarrassed by the way the US behaved concerning Civil Rights. The hate spewed then is similar to what I'm seeing now coming from the GOP nominee.

What I saw as well is a very interesting and disturbing similarity in the way George Wallace ran his campaign as an independent and the way Trump is running his campaign.

Positive and scary thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
02-06-16, 04:36
The Worst Week Of My Life. Watched both series over the weekend. Very good, 1st series was the best though with more characters.

mezzaninedoor
06-06-16, 14:36
Vera

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-16, 06:06
Vera

Good series. The author has various books out for this, some of which I've seen in the series. The BBC had a series on for her other books, which seemed liked.

My mum likes Vera so I got her a couple of the books as she loves reading.

Fishmanpa
07-06-16, 14:53
The wife and I have been watching "Love it or Leave it". It's a show about homeowners who are torn between staying in their current home or moving. They bring in a realtor and an interior designer. They look at new homes and a re-design of their current home and decide to stay or go. It's cool seeing all the different homes and the renovation but.... the money most of these people have? Holy smokes! Most have over $100K for renovations and are looking at homes in the $1 Million dollar range! Heck... I sweat paying less than $1K in rent and utilities ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Mugs
08-06-16, 00:33
Hawaii 5 O

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-16, 05:01
Watching Last Of The Summer Wine. Just seen S1&2 and now onto S3&4.

Fishmanpa
22-06-16, 13:28
Orange is the New Black... New season! :) Interesting look at psychosis in the character Lolly...

Positive thoughts

Magic
22-06-16, 18:36
I use to love Last of the summer wine when Thora was in it Terry.

I am watching Vera also and GPs Behind closed Doors

pulisa
22-06-16, 19:39
Those GPs are SO on their best behaviour with their caring attitude, bonhomie and endless time for the patient....

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-16, 05:39
Im currently watching 'The Hollow Crown' repeats on BBC4

Rory Kinnear is such a good actor

Just come out on DVD too. Seen it in Tesco this week.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 ----------

I use to love Last of the summer wine when Thora was in it Terry.

I am watching Vera also and GPs Behind closed Doors

Yeah, I loved her too. My mum always says her mother used to give her the same disproving looks when she didn't like something my mum had said. :D

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 ----------

Those GPs are SO on their best behaviour with their caring attitude, bonhomie and endless time for the patient....

Aren't they just?! I bet they aren't looking at the clocks & watches either.

I'm surprised they don't offer them a cup of tea whilst there. :whistles: With the NHS the only way is to go in undercover or you get gold service, probably with a chief exec standing behind the cameraman all day long. :winks:

happydylbob
27-07-16, 10:01
Recently finished watching Spartacus a bit gory but a good series.

Also enjoyed Black Sails

But nothing can beat Game of Thrones although Vikings comes a close second

KeeKee
27-07-16, 16:07
How I Met Your Mother. It's actually much better than I'd expected. I've watched them all now but still watching it as nothing else to watch ha.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

I totally agree however my doctor is very lovely and always in a very nice mood, no rushing etc. I'm probably very lucky judging by all the things I've read in regards to others' experiences.

pulisa
27-07-16, 21:02
The Hillary and Donald Comedy Gala

Phuzella
09-09-16, 07:09
Trust me I'm a doctor BBC 2. Great programme :)

Mrschurchill
09-09-16, 09:46
Homeland! It's bloody brilliant!

flipp
09-09-16, 10:10
The Para Olympics.

Magic
09-09-16, 13:35
Behind Closed Doors

skymaid
09-09-16, 13:38
Stranger Things, Impractical Jokers, Mr Robot.

Oh and Celebs Go Dating if i'm honest. No idea why...

KeeKee
09-09-16, 17:53
Stranger Things, Impractical Jokers, Mr Robot.

Oh and Celebs Go Dating if i'm honest. No idea why...

I LOVE impractical jokers (the US version). So much so that I was actually hoping to see them when they come to the UK, however tickets sold out very quickly.

I've been watching Everybody Hates Chris.

MyNameIsTerry
07-10-16, 06:27
Been watching National Treasure. Julie Walters is excellent in it.

I wonder if he will be acquitted but something will be dredged from his daughter's memory block that will blow it all open at the end?

The police setting up the media to be there for the arrest was a nice swipe at the mistreatment of Cliff Richard too.

pulisa
07-10-16, 08:35
It's an excellent drama. I think the actress playing the daughter (Andrea Risborough?) is superb

MyNameIsTerry
07-10-16, 08:49
Yes, that's her. She gets around quite a bit, she had a staring role in the Tom Cruise film, Oblivion. That was a pretty big sci-fi film.

CH4 have clearly spent some money on this drama. It felt a little slow at first but once it started I felt like I understood more.

I've always liked Robbie Coltrane. I can still see him now in Nuns On The Run with Eric Idle ("spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch" :biggrin:) and with Lenny Henry (where he kept beating Lenny Henry up, the drug dealer) as the drugs worker.

Carnation
07-10-16, 09:03
Robbie Coltrane was brilliant in one of the 'Bond' movies. Just can't remember which one.

Tried watching the new series with Anne Robinson.
Different subject each week.
I found the first one quite boring. :(

X Factor has done it's usual thing by chucking out a load of people that CAN sing and keeping the ones that they probably think make good TV viewing.

skymaid
07-10-16, 11:48
Finally started Walking Dead (never been into zombies) but im liking it so far.

Lucifer 2nd series has got off to an interesting start.

Westworld seems interesting too.

Bigboyuk
07-10-16, 12:46
Well I love Family Guy peeps Never used to like it about 10 months ago watched 5 mins and thought what a pile of cr@p then forced my self to watch a full episode and wow hooked on it :) Love the characters especaily Stewie and Peter Griffin and the quick one liners through out the show! The Animation is spot on along with a proper orchestra for the opening and closing title music it's Ace along with American Dad too. Any one else in to these programmes!!

usagi_x
07-10-16, 19:32
I've been watching Desperate Housewives from the beginning, it's great :)

Sam Winter
07-10-16, 19:50
I've been watching a lot of How I met your mother. The big bang theory. Rupauls drag race. and Merlin(I've been waay into merlin haha) x

ServerError
07-10-16, 20:10
The Apprentice...

I love it.

Carrie8484
07-10-16, 21:59
Still Game , glad there's a new series. Love all the previous episodes on Netflix

Kathryn313
07-10-16, 22:04
The last leg. Time to turn off the anxiety forum and have a giggle. Night.

.Poppy.
07-10-16, 22:05
The Apprentice...

I love it.

Yeah, well you don't have to fear Trump becoming president! I can't watch anything with him without cringing. :lac:

I just finished Parks and Rec and am working my way through Bones on Netflix. I also keep up with Law and Order SVU, How to Get Away with Murder, and Once Upon a Time. Also just finished Stranger Things and that was amazing.

ServerError
07-10-16, 22:11
Yeah, well you don't have to fear Trump becoming president! I can't watch anything with him without cringing. :lac:

I just finished Parks and Rec and am working my way through Bones on Netflix. I also keep up with Law and Order SVU, How to Get Away with Murder, and Once Upon a Time. Also just finished Stranger Things and that was amazing.

Sorry, should have specified I meant the UK Apprentice.

Although I have seen the US one and I quite like it too. I'd love it if he carried on making it while president, although obviously I hope he doesn't win.

dale12345
07-10-16, 23:19
Worst cooks in America

mezzaninedoor
12-10-16, 13:33
currently enjoying
National Treasure, Mock the Week & Lucifer

MyNameIsTerry
02-11-16, 00:17
Dark Angel. New drama on ITV. Good so far.

If does remind me a little of a local case of a man who's father drank in the same pub as mine. The woman was found to be slowly poisoning his son with anti freeze. It did some terrible damage to him, it left him blind.

pulisa
02-11-16, 08:51
Not sure I'd like a cup of tea from her teapot...

Carrie8484
02-11-16, 10:18
Married at First Sight.
Couples who've never met meet at the alter. A team of psychologists, relationship experts and a vicar got together to decide who to 'match'.
It's almost like car crash telly but i'm keen to see how the 'experiment' goes this times. last year it was pretty disastrous ...

mezzaninedoor
02-11-16, 11:31
Luke Cage is awesome , Marvel has hardly put a foot wrong with its TV & Movies

KeeKee
02-11-16, 20:46
I'm still watching Charmed. Trying to get through the entire series as soon as possible as I always get so tempted to Google the finale before I get to watch it. I've already ruined a character death (probably my favourite non 'charmed' character) among other things. I even Google finales of programmes I've never watched like Breaking Bad and Lost etc because I'm so darn nosey.

skymaid
02-11-16, 21:15
caught up on walking dead so im trying some new series...

trying: outlander, fear the walking dead and supernatural.

MyNameIsTerry
03-11-16, 05:35
Not sure I'd like a cup of tea from her teapot...

When she offered him a "herbal infusion" he wasn't expecting Belladonna! :D

NoraB
03-11-16, 07:27
Last of the Summer Wine re-runs - forget the rest - it's the Compo years you want.:D

pulisa
03-11-16, 17:14
The Missing-quality TV

Carrie8484
03-11-16, 18:30
Last of the Summer Wine re-runs - forget the rest - it's the Compo years you want.:D

:roflmao:
My dad's favourite programme. He (and us) must have seen every episode at least half a dozen times!
I do like the old comedies though :yesyes:

mezzaninedoor
03-11-16, 18:34
I still adore the Compo years of Last of the Summer Wine, they still generally make me laugh to this day

Dads Army still passes the test of time as well

Looking forward to the release of an animation of a lost Doctor Who story on Saturday ' Power of the Daleks'

MyNameIsTerry
04-11-16, 05:47
I still adore the Compo years of Last of the Summer Wine, they still generally make me laugh to this day

Dads Army still passes the test of time as well

Looking forward to the release of an animation of a lost Doctor Who story on Saturday ' Power of the Daleks'

Yes, I agree on LOTSW and Dads Army.

There are loads of good old comedies. Steptoe & Son, One Foot In The Grave, Only When I Laugh, On The Buses, etc. (Did the female clippies really dress like that?! :dribble:)

flipp
04-11-16, 06:09
Wives with Knives,on CI channel :).

mezzaninedoor
04-11-16, 08:22
It does seem that the hit rate for modern sitcoms is way off the amount of good sitcoms we used to get.
There are funny sitcoms nowadays but it just feels there are more failures than successes.

Recent comedy I liked was Friday Night Dinner.

pulisa
04-11-16, 08:41
"Paranoid" on ITV-it's a bit ridiculous but the main issues are inappropriate prescribing of antipsychotics for anxiety/crooked psychiatrists and a dodgy pharmaceutical company in Dusseldorf. And a couple of murders so far.
A character actually mentioned akathisia last night-first time I had heard that mentioned in a crime fiction drama

mezzaninedoor
04-11-16, 14:33
.......... just watching 'The Young Pope', very odd but intriguing TV show

Jude Law is compelling in the role, very suited to the arrogant character hes portraying, maybe a little 'method' in there

mezzaninedoor
07-11-16, 08:16
Planet Earth II.
Awesome just awesome.

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 08:37
Planet Earth II.
Awesome just awesome.

I've missed that. It looked amazing from the advert. I totally forgot it was on! :doh:

They always do very good nature programmes.

I've been watching Only Fools & Horses from my boxsets.

NoraB
07-11-16, 09:13
I've been watching Only Fools & Horses from my boxsets.

Watching Only Fools is part of my therapy. It just never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

My dad's favourite programme. He (and us) must have seen every episode at least half a dozen times!
I do like the old comedies though :yesyes:

I also got into it via my Dad.

You can't beat old comedies and sitcoms. :yesyes:

Carnation
07-11-16, 09:19
I've been watching Peter Kay's 'Phoenix Nights', a DVD picked up at a charity shop.
So hilarious. I now want to try and get 'Max and Paddy', I'm well hooked. :)

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 09:24
Watching Only Fools is part of my therapy. It just never gets old no matter how many times I watch it.:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

I also got into it via my Dad.

You can't beat old comedies and sitcoms. :yesyes:

Yep, some of them never seem to age. There is a pub in my city with a replica of the van on the roof!

I quite like Porridge as well, that another that doesn't age.

NoraB
07-11-16, 09:25
Yes, I agree on LOTSW and Dads Army.

There are loads of good old comedies. Steptoe & Son, One Foot In The Grave, Only When I Laugh, On The Buses, etc. (Did the female clippies really dress like that?! :dribble:)

They are still showing On The Buses...

I used to watch Till Death Us Do Part & In Sickness & In Health with Alf - a woman’s place is in the 'ome innit- Garnett but you never come across it these days. Too un pc probably.:unsure: They brought it back for that celebration of British comedy earlier this year but, for me, it just doesn't work with anybody but Warren & Dandy.

I like The Likely Lads as well..

Terry Collier: I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Class.:yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 09:30
They are still showing On The Buses...

I used to watch Till Death Us Do Part & In Sickness & In Health with Alf - a woman’s place is in the 'ome innit- Garnett but you never come across it these days. Too un pc probably.:unsure: They brought it back for that celebration of British comedy earlier this year but, for me, it just doesn't work with anybody but Warren & Dandy.

I like The Likely Lads as well..

Terry Collier: I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Class.:yesyes:

They tend to put the film of Alf on at Xmas but it's always buried in the middle of the night on one of the ITV channels...so as not to upset the SJW's. :winks:

It does make me laugh, and the thing is the actors are always actually taking the piss out of people who talk like that anyway in how they play the role. Sadly, some people have a problem watching "how things used to be", yet they don't mind all the violence in films? :shrug:

It always makes me laugh when Damnbusters is on and they have to announce there is racially offensive language in it...the name of the dog. Yet violence is fine? :doh: I'm quite surprised it's not "in PC" to show us kicking the German's bums in films these days.

NoraB
07-11-16, 10:17
It does make me laugh, and the thing is the actors are always actually taking the piss out of people who talk like that anyway in how they play the role. Sadly, some people have a problem watching "how things used to be", yet they don't mind all the violence in films? :shrug:

Till Death US Do Part was basically about taking the mick out of Alf but a lot of people don't get that.:unsure:

It's like Enid Blyton's books have been edited to to keep the PC brigade happy and that's fair enough but for me they were books of their time and they have their place in children's literature along with other classics which incidentally haven't been touched.:huh: I go out and buy the originals because those are the ones I grew up with. It was Dick and Fanny for me, not Rick and Franny! If they want to truly reflect today's child, they'd need to be called Five Go To McDonald's or Five and the Mystery of the Missing X Box Controller.:roflmao:

It always makes me laugh when Damnbusters is on and they have to announce there is racially offensive language in it...the name of the dog.

If we want to take out everything in history that doesn't fit with today's society, they may as well take history off the curriculum.:whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 10:33
Till Death US Do Part was basically about taking the mick out of Alf but a lot of people don't get that.:unsure:

It's like Enid Blyton's books have been edited to to keep the PC brigade happy and that's fair enough but for me they were books of their time and they have their place in children's literature along with other classics which incidentally haven't been touched.:huh: I go out and buy the originals because those are the ones I grew up with. It was Dick and Fanny for me, not Rick and Franny! If they want to truly reflect today's child, they'd need to be called Five Go To McDonald's or Five and the Mystery of the Missing X Box Controller.:roflmao:

If we want to take out everything in history that doesn't fit with today's society, they may as well take history off the curriculum.:whistles:

I'm surprised James & The Giant Peach hasn't been edited because of body shaming and women's bums, Jamie & the Magic Torch for possibly being about his willy. From the titles, anyway.

Five Go To McDonald's :roflmao: That sounds like a reality TV spin off for the boyband too.

NoraB
07-11-16, 11:08
I'm surprised James & The Giant Peach hasn't been edited because of body shaming and women's bums, Jamie & the Magic Torch for possibly being about his willy. From the titles, anyway

Molly Weasley calls Beatrix Lestrange a "bitch" in The Deathly Hallows. I'm putting a complaint in.:D

Another one, Open All Hours. I'm watching that as well on Gold. Ronnie Barker is just hilarious as Arkwright!:roflmao:

Not as taken with the Still Open All Hours though...

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

I've been watching Peter Kay's 'Phoenix Nights', a DVD picked up at a charity shop.
So hilarious. I now want to try and get 'Max and Paddy', I'm well hooked. :)

I love Peter Kay. Proper Northern bloke. Hilarious.:D

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 11:32
Molly Weasley calls Beatrix Lestrange a "bitch" in The Deathly Hallows. I'm putting a complaint in.:D

Another one, Open All Hours. I'm watching that as well on Gold. Ronnie Barker is just hilarious as Arkwright!:roflmao:

Not as taken with the Still Open All Hours though...

Ha! Don't forget Ron, he's always swearing 'bloody hell, Harry!'. I think he does that from the very first of the films. Where was the magical floating slipper that came along and whacked him? :D

I love Open All Hours. Arkwright is tight, but that till is even tighter!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/E3OEvw4g4ys/hqdefault.jpg

I didn't like the new one, the pilot was terrible. I got into it a bit more as it went on. The new Granville character is a totally waste of time though. To be honest, they could ditch him as Tim Heally's character is in it just as much anyway.

Have you seen the big picture of Arkwright in the back room? When I saw the look on his face I thought someone must have asked him for a refund! :roflmao:

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/30/3008/II3BF00Z/posters/ronnie-barker-as-the-stuttering-lustful-shopkeeper-arkwright-from-the-bbc-tv-series-open-all-hours.jpg

NoraB
07-11-16, 11:37
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/30/3008/II3BF00Z/posters/ronnie-barker-as-the-stuttering-lustful-shopkeeper-arkwright-from-the-bbc-tv-series-open-all-hours.jpg

Somebody has DEFINITELY asked him for a refund. That or Nurse Gladys has told him to buy Granville a new bike lol

Yeah, the new one doesn't really work for me. The funniest thing about it is Madge. I think they got it wrong trying to make Granville like Arkwright.:unsure:

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 11:45
Yeah, it felt too much like a copy. Some of the extra characters are a bit poor as well.

Is Madge Roy Cropper's mum out of Corrie? I can't remember! :ohmy: If so, yes, she was good in it...still a predator for the men who are thrifty. :biggrin:

The old one is on the Yesterday channel at 10pm every night. It has been for a couple of weeks now, followed by Keeping Up Appearances. Allo Allo was on too after that for a while but I think it's gone off now. 'oooohhhh Rennie!!!' Her Flick made me laugh in that when Von Smallhausen let someone off because they hadn't done something and Her Flick told him 'we are the Gestapo, if they haven't done something, invent something and arrest them' :roflmao:

Bigboyuk
07-11-16, 11:52
Just reading through these replies oh yes I know what you mean think todays society is way to PC IMHO
so don't get me started on that LOL :) Other shows I really liked and still do (some have been mentioned earlier) But the On The Buses Movies 3 in total excellent viewing :) And Prisoner Cell Block H Mint I remember first seeing but not from the start but never missed a episode and relalised take the adverts out and each episode was only 36 mins long we were robbed!! Any way moved to Chester HTV area and to celebrate the first day of 24 hr tv in that area HTV started the series from day one I was over the moon :) Anyone else enjoyed this show?? I have friend who has the complete series on DVD!! Happy Days! Have a great day every one...

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 11:58
Me & my brother used to watch Cell Block H many years ago. I was pretty young and he would be coming back from the pub with a takeaway. At the last place I worked there was a guy who was a real fan, he used to go to the events with other fans and met some of the cast.

I haven't seen the new on though. What do you make of that? It looks a bit more modern (everyone has to be good looking), so no Lurch!

Does 'Owd Grandad Piggott ring a bell for you from years ago?

Bigboyuk
07-11-16, 11:58
Somebody has DEFINITELY asked him for a refund. That or Nurse Gladys has told him to buy Granville a new bike lol

Yeah, the new one doesn't really work for me. The funniest thing about it is Madge. I think they got it wrong trying to make Granville like Arkwright.:unsure: Yes know what you mean too many classics are being revamped like Porridge and Are you being served not quite the same, did watch the new ones but it's missing sometihng :)

Colicab85
07-11-16, 12:18
Been watching a great deal of Only Fools and Horses on GOLD at the moment.

Just perfect comedy.

Anyone see Planet Earth 2 last night? Incredible TV.

Bigboyuk
07-11-16, 12:33
Me & my brother used to watch Cell Block H many years ago. I was pretty young and he would be coming back from the pub with a takeaway. At the last place I worked there was a guy who was a real fan, he used to go to the events with other fans and met some of the cast.

I haven't seen the new on though. What do you make of that? It looks a bit more modern (everyone has to be good looking), so no Lurch!

Does 'Owd Grandad Piggott ring a bell for you from years ago? Oh The new one i did watch it a few times and no it wasn't for me even the sets in the new ones don't woibble like the originals ones did LOL :) Does he, yes I do and there was another character in the Sentinel called Jaybez ( if i remember correclty) it was good to read but couldn't understand completley all the lingo lol. Going slightly OT on to radio does any one remember Piccadilly Radio now called Key 103 well they often played a peice of classical music (Dorvak Symphony no 9) You know the music to the old Hovis advert Well Picadilly Radio devised some dialouge over this music it was called Capstick Comes Home I know every word and it's funny!!! :)

mezzaninedoor
07-11-16, 12:44
Loving Andrew Marr's Sleuths, Spies and Sorcerors on BBC4.
A lovely exploration of novelists in these genres.
Really nice talking heads as part of it.
Great BBC output

Bigboyuk
07-11-16, 12:50
Some other showsI like only available on the BBC IPlayer is called the Train Now Deprarting still available for over a year so if any likes steam trains this is a must see :) I regualry watch them and never tire of them it takes my mind off this crazy world we live in :)

Phuzella
07-11-16, 16:35
Planet Earth 2 BBC. Wonderful :)

mezzaninedoor
07-11-16, 20:36
Hear Hear
Planet Earth II, sensational stuff
Didnt think they could outdo the original
Well episode 1 was better than I could expect

MyNameIsTerry
08-11-16, 06:56
Oh The new one i did watch it a few times and no it wasn't for me even the sets in the new ones don't woibble like the originals ones did LOL :) Does he, yes I do and there was another character in the Sentinel called Jaybez ( if i remember correclty) it was good to read but couldn't understand completley all the lingo lol. Going slightly OT on to radio does any one remember Piccadilly Radio now called Key 103 well they often played a peice of classical music (Dorvak Symphony no 9) You know the music to the old Hovis advert Well Picadilly Radio devised some dialouge over this music it was called Capstick Comes Home I know every word and it's funny!!! :)

Jaybez rings a bell, I can't remember about it though.

I've got several 'Owd Grandad Piggott tapes from years ago that my brother had copies made from others. They are a bit broad with them being old fashioned but funny when you get into them.

---------- Post added at 06:56 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

Dark Angel. New drama on ITV. Good so far.

If does remind me a little of a local case of a man who's father drank in the same pub as mine. The woman was found to be slowly poisoning his son with anti freeze. It did some terrible damage to him, it left him blind.

Watched the 2nd part of this, the conclusion. It was as good as the first.

It said at the end she murdered between 13-21 people, per historians, maybe more. I think I saw 2 husbands, her mother, her friend, her on/off lover, her stepson from the last marriage (whilst she was still married to the wealthy man who booted her out as she stole off him). Her daughter died by accidental poisoning after she gave her smaller doses to aid her in killing her wealthy husbands other children (which didn't happen), but this is probably an interpretation considering how cold she had been to her daughter in the past so she probably murdered her too.

Her first 2 kids (one baby) seemed to die from typhus, or typhoid, but some of the murder victims were pronounced with this too, so did she murder them and it wasn't portrayed that way?

It was also a bit unclear when she moved her on/off lover in after her latest husband (her she killed her sister to obtain stability once her wealthy husband gave her the sack) and there was no portrayal of how that would look back in those days. Just reading about this, it seems she tried to put the kid into the poorhouse as he was in the way but the local parish man refused. Also reading about it revealed she poisoned his father but all the programme showed was they brought him back from the pit and when she turned up he was already dead. So, that didn't make sense as I blinked and missed her poisoning him as he was fine. :shrug:

The part where the shop owner bought her stepson back complaining she had sent him to fetch arsenic was strange. I missed part of this because, funnily enough, my dad had made me a cup of tea :ohmy: but it seemed to be that she was saying she would end up in the poor house so wanted to spare her stepson which would mean more murder?

They didn't show other murders. One to read about then.

She very cold and calculating but could react too.

Oh, and there a fair bit of sex that made me think it was an early Geordie Shore :D

Basically...she was quite a bitch! :noangel:

NoraB
08-11-16, 07:49
Oh The new one i did watch it a few times and no it wasn't for me even the sets in the new ones don't woibble like the originals ones did LOL :) Does he, yes I do and there was another character in the Sentinel called Jaybez ( if i remember correclty) it was good to read but couldn't understand completley all the lingo lol. Going slightly OT on to radio does any one remember Piccadilly Radio now called Key 103 well they often played a peice of classical music (Dorvak Symphony no 9) You know the music to the old Hovis advert Well Picadilly Radio devised some dialouge over this music it was called Capstick Comes Home I know every word and it's funny!!! :)

I've homed in on the words Jabez, Owd Grandad Piggot and Sentinel.

You a Stokie?

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 10:17
I've homed in on the words Jabez, Owd Grandad Piggot and Sentinel.

You a Stokie? Not originaly from Stoke but now living in newcastle staffs :) Are you from Sroke too?

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

I've got several 'Owd Grandad Piggott tapes from years ago that my brother had copies made from others. They are a bit broad with them being old fashioned but funny when you get into them.

It said at the end she murdered between 13-21 people, per historians, maybe more. I think I saw 2 husbands, her mother, her friend, her on/off lover, her stepson from the last marriage (whilst she was still married to the wealthy man who booted her out as she stole off him). Her daughter died by accidental poisoning after she gave her smaller doses to aid her in killing her wealthy husbands other children (which didn't happen), but this is probably an interpretation considering how cold she had been to her daughter in the past so she probably murdered her too.

Her first 2 kids (one baby) seemed to die from typhus, or typhoid, but some of the murder victims were pronounced with this too, so did she murder them and it wasn't portrayed that way?

It was also a bit unclear when she moved her on/off lover in after her latest husband (her she killed her sister to obtain stability once her wealthy husband gave her the sack) and there was no portrayal of how that would look back in those days. Just reading about this, it seems she tried to put the kid into the poorhouse as he was in the way but the local parish man refused. Also reading about it revealed she poisoned his father but all the programme showed was they brought him back from the pit and when she turned up he was already dead. So, that didn't make sense as I blinked and missed her poisoning him as he was fine. :shrug:

The part where the shop owner bought her stepson back complaining she had sent him to fetch arsenic was strange. I missed part of this because, funnily enough, my dad had made me a cup of tea :ohmy: but it seemed to be that she was saying she would end up in the poor house so wanted to spare her stepson which would mean more murder?

Oh, and there a fair bit of sex that made me think it was an early Geordie Shore :D

Basically...she was quite a bitch! :noangel: Do you strill ever play them? Are you from stoke too?

NoraB
08-11-16, 11:20
Not originaly from Stoke but now living in newcastle staffs :) Are you from Sroke too?

Yep. Stokie born and bred.:yesyes:

mezzaninedoor
08-11-16, 12:36
Have Dark Angel on catch up but havent watched it yet.

Teachers is a good new US comedy on comedy central. Also though its an awful reality TV show, I'm enjoying Russell Howard and his Mums US trip show.

Black Mirror on netflix is the best show around at the moment though, pure Charlie Brooker genius.

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 13:54
Yep. Stokie born and bred.:yesyes:
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR] Brill another fellow suffer from my area :) :yesyes:

KeeKee
08-11-16, 14:04
I've been watching the Walking Dead now it's back on again. I'm also going to eventually start watching season 2 of Humans.

Magic
08-11-16, 14:13
Maybe Nora, Bigboy and anyone else from Stoke, Oh me too. could meet up for a cuppa sometime:)

pulisa
08-11-16, 14:19

Basically...she was quite a bitch! :noangel:

I kept thinking that she looked like Kate Middleton....hopefully that's where the resemblance ends:D

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 14:46
Maybe Nora, Bigboy and anyone else from Stoke, Oh me too. could meet up for a cuppa sometime:) Hey that would be great, and yes you too come along :) I did start a thread up in the meet up section would love that and it would help my recovery too cheers :) Well we will have to get a group going soi I aint giving up :) Thanks! Think we may have hijacked this thread so Sorry to the original poster!!!

NoraB
08-11-16, 14:51
Maybe Nora, Bigboy and anyone else from Stoke, Oh me too. could meet up for a cuppa sometime:)

I actually emigrated to Manchester ten years ago and I'm also a socially challenged idiot but I appreciate the thought.:D

mezzaninedoor
11-11-16, 16:52
Just after finishing work this week I'm home and having to watch 'Escape to the Country' with the wife, hate it, its awful.

But what I'm really enjoying bingeing on these last few days has been 'The Level' ITV and 'Goliath' Amazon, both great

MyNameIsTerry
13-11-16, 15:33
Last night I watched the remembrance event attended by the Queen. It was good to see this.

Sadly I felt shame at seeing Jeremy Corbyn had found another subtle protest in finding the smallest poppy I have ever seen in my life! :mad:

Bigboyuk
13-11-16, 15:40
He could have done better surley?? that is mad! Currently watching a bit of Bulls Eye on challenge well last night love the format thats why it run for 18 years so iam told :)

skymaid
13-11-16, 15:41
enjoying Outlander. Tried a few Breaking Bads too. Its not bad but not as amazing as I was expecting. I'll give it a few more.

Carrie8484
13-11-16, 16:03
The jungle starts tonight on iTV.
Light hearted viewing but fun all the same :)

I also like great canal journeys with pru and tim. I'd like to be doing that if i reach my 80's. Although i imagine theres a fair bit of work involved!

Bigboyuk
13-11-16, 16:38
Light hearted viewing but fun all the same :)

I also like great canal journeys with pru and tim. I'd like to be doing that if i reach my 80's. Although i imagine theres a fair bit of work involved! yes it does so could end up watching that :) Yes like canal journeys too and believe you me done several canal holidays as a child and there is a lot of work including opening the lock gates and sluices!! And Railway Walks with Julia Bradbury (on disused railway lines along britain) only one series was made which is shame as there are some nice old routes through spectacular scenery and many of them too :) BTW episode 3 of the canals is on tonight channel 8-9pm!!

mezzaninedoor
13-11-16, 16:43
Westworld, excellent and suspenseful

Carnation
13-11-16, 18:54
Light hearted viewing but fun all the same :smile:

Yes, Carrie, I am very excited :yahoo:

skymaid
13-11-16, 19:07
Can't wait.

pulisa
13-11-16, 20:41
Anyone reckon Terry will be watching the Jungle.....?:whiplash:Just to monitor his "CV" of course....

Bigboyuk
13-11-16, 23:00
Any one watched Iam a celeb? OMG that first trial did any one see how high it was and narrow that strip they had to walk to end I don't normaly suffer vertigo but I was bricking it just watching it s feel for those members who do suffer form this phobia :eek: other wise great start to the series abd tommorows Bush tucker trial looks good :)

xBettyBoopx
13-11-16, 23:08
I have just been watching "I'm a celeb..........". Not too sure about the 'celeb' bit though lol. That first trial was really scary, I wouldn't have done it, so they were very couragous! I'm stupid watching things like that though coz it started off my anxiety!! :weep::weep::mad::mad:

Don't need to be having extra anxiety for no reason on top of what I already have:blush::blush:

Prolly have to find summit different to watch this year as I normally watch it but this year my anxiety levels are sky high and I can't cope with the trials lol :wacko::wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
14-11-16, 05:05
Anyone reckon Terry will be watching the Jungle.....?:whiplash:Just to monitor his "CV" of course....

I have watched it every year from season 2. I will be watching this one too! :yesyes:

Will she enact the bikini shower scene though? :ohmy:

I did laugh when the platform wobbled loads for her and Adam strolled over without the slightest movement...that's what rear of the year does to you. :winks:

Phuzella
14-11-16, 05:28
Who's in it? Anyone remotely famous? :D

MyNameIsTerry
14-11-16, 05:33
Carol Vorderman (hence pulisa taking the pee out of me :blush:), one of the blokes from Diversity (Jordan Banjo), Moira's son out of Emmerdale, Wayne Bridge ex footballer, Larry Lamb (EastEnders, Gavin & Stacy), a comedian I've seen occasionally on 8 of out 10 cats (I think) Joel somebody, Scarlett off Gogglebox (probably this years winner :doh:), Ola Jordan ex Strictly dancer, one of the women's hockey gold medalists and Lisa Snowden ex model.

I think Danny Baker and Martin thingy off Homes Under The Hammer are due to go in later.

Phuzella
14-11-16, 06:00
I've heard of 3 of them lol. You got a crush on Carol Vorderman then Terry? ? :D

MyNameIsTerry
14-11-16, 07:01
I like an intelligent, mature woman, Phuzella! :blush:

I draw the line at Ann Widdecombe though! :ohmy:

Carnation
14-11-16, 08:12
Two more will go in later. Think one of them is Danny Baker.

I was a bit disappointed in the line up of so called celebs and the characters seemed a little dull. Early days yet, but agree with Terry that Scarlett looks like the potential winner, but also think that Larry Lamb stands a good chance.

Terry, I bumped in to Carol Vorderman at an airport some years back and she nearly knocked me over with her ar*e :D I'm just jealous really, I think she looks amazing.

MyNameIsTerry
14-11-16, 08:22
I like Larry. I've seen him on a few other things and he seems a down to earth, practical type. Not someone chasing the limelight.

Kenny Everett's bum made him float...when he did Rod Stewart. :biggrin:

Carol can knock me over with her bum anytime! http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/sexe/sex544.gif:yesyes:

pulisa
14-11-16, 08:46
Rearly gross emoji, Terry!:ohmy:

I feel sorry for CV's daughter as she is well and truly eclipsed by her fame-hungry Mum. Can't be easy for her.

Carnation
14-11-16, 08:58
She has a daughter?!!!!! Didn't know that.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Just looked it up. Her daughter is the spitting image.

Bigboyuk
14-11-16, 09:57
Carol Vorderman (hence pulisa taking the pee out of me :blush:), one of the blokes from Diversity (Jordan Banjo), Moira's son out of Emmerdale, Wayne Bridge ex footballer, Larry Lamb (EastEnders, Gavin & Stacy), a comedian I've seen occasionally on 8 of out 10 cats (I think) Joel somebody, Scarlett off Gogglebox (probably this years winner :doh:), Ola Jordan ex Strictly dancer, one of the women's hockey gold medalists and Lisa Snowden ex model.

I think Danny Baker and Martin thingy off Homes Under The Hammer are due to go in later. Are you sure about that Terrry? Do you watch the Extra Camp show on ITV straight after celeb has finished As there was 2 guests in one I knew straight away Andi Peter's a ex blue peter presenter and if Iam remember correctly he also had a game show on ITV with a sliding chair on rails that tipped over if you lost LOL The woman with him I cant remeber her name? I may be wrong these may have been ex camp m8's from a previous season.
The Homes under the hammer presenter is Martin Roberts :)

Carrie8484
14-11-16, 13:37
I couldn't stop looking at Carol's face...what a shame she's had so much work done, she looks like a pillow :(
But, she has a great figure and is a foxy lady for sure.

I agree Carnation, the line up is pretty dull! Glad there's no Essex or Geordie Shore in there. That's been done to death! I quite like Larry Lamb so far, not keen on Ola, Scarlett is a likely winner, but predictable, Adam Thomas is extremely arrogant (met him and his brother at my work place a few times) Not really got thoughts on the others so far.

Shall look forward to the trials :)

mezzaninedoor
14-11-16, 20:57
Tonight, im catching up on 2 weeks Humans and trying to decide whether to watch the BBC Doc about the worst ever president or not ??

pulisa
14-11-16, 21:08
Why does CV have to take her "MBE" into the show? What's the point? "Must Be Everywhere" syndrome?

Carnation
15-11-16, 01:07
If I am honest, I got a little bored watching 'Celebrity Jungle'.
Let's hope it improves with time.
Mr C's eyes nearly popped out when he saw CV's breast heaving from her tiny bikini.
He can't wait for the shower scene. :D

dale12345
15-11-16, 01:31
I am watching spongebob with m daughter.
r

flipp
15-11-16, 04:22
Watching The Call of the Wild in the ward with my kids,my daughter loves all different types of dogs.