PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...lymph nodes. Short axis or long axis or depth?

scared88
08-01-16, 00:41
I have swollen lymph nodes. Many swollen lymph nodes.
If you want more details you can see my other threads.
I've claimed that my nodes are around 1.5 CM or there abouts but some of them are much LONGER than that and one feels kinda tall.
Isn't it the SHORT axis that is usually measured? ugh

Fishmanpa
08-01-16, 01:13
I had various tests done... a big big blood test, CT scans and ultrasounds.... had more blood tests and more ultrasounds and even went to see a hematologist. My GP looked at the ultrasound images with the technician and they both say they are normal looking. The blood was fine, ...the doctor and hematologist weren't worried about that...

So to recap:
Several nodes in armpits and few very small ones in groin.
Been like that for over 8 years or since I was 18
Remnants of viral infection found on an old blood test from 2007
All test show normal nodes

IMO... no swollen nodes... perhaps perceived swollen nodes but not swollen nodes according to medical professionals.

Positive thoughts

scared88
08-01-16, 23:50
IMO... no swollen nodes... perhaps perceived swollen nodes but not swollen nodes according to medical professionals.

Positive thoughts

lol. Well if I remember right my ultrasound from 2012 report said that there were enlarged nodes but they looked unremarkable. Not pathological.
One of the doctors I saw this week said that too.

Fishmanpa
09-01-16, 01:09
Interesting how you manipulate the truth to support your HA...

Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
I had various tests done... a big big blood test, CT scans and ultrasounds.... had more blood tests and more ultrasounds and even went to see a hematologist. My GP looked at the ultrasound images with the technician and they both say they are normal looking. The blood was fine, ...the doctor and hematologist weren't worried about that...

So to recap:
Several nodes in armpits and few very small ones in groin.
Been like that for over 8 years or since I was 18
Remnants of viral infection found on an old blood test from 2007
All test show normal nodes

"8" years... "8" years. If it were sinister, you wouldn't be here. You have an extensive history on AZ. I've read it. IMO, this is mental, not physical. You can choose to continue this or choose to treat the catalyst behind it.

Best wishes and as always...

Positive thoughts

scared88
10-01-16, 01:43
Interesting how you manipulate the truth to support your HA...

"8" years... "8" years. If it were sinister, you wouldn't be here. You have an extensive history on AZ. I've read it. IMO, this is mental, not physical. You can choose to continue this or choose to treat the catalyst behind it.

Best wishes and as always...

Positive thoughts

I'm not manipulating anything. There are nodes in my armpit that in 2007 became larger than that they were originally. That is an enlarged lymph node. They might be within normal range but they are still enlarged. Sometimes they feel scary, sometimes not. When they feel scary they feel bigger than the day before or one of them feels rounder than the others