PDA

View Full Version : Update

Emma1027
08-01-16, 08:49
Starting antidepresents tonight and feeling anxious about it- mainly the side effects and how I will adapt and react to them over time. I've got mixed feeling about it but I would appriciate it if other people could please comment on experiences of using antidepresents ie how they have helped you, side effects, feelings over time ect.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Going on sertraline.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Going on sertraline

shiznit76
08-01-16, 10:09
I've tried 5 different AD's with various levels of success.
Venlafaxine (SNRI) was on this for years, various doses, moderate success and few side effects but no real success
Prozac (fluoxetine) [SSRI] was only on this for 10 weeks, side effects were too bad for me
Citlaopram (SSRI), like Prozac for me
Lofepramine (TCA) worked well for 3 months then crashed on it
Now on escitlaopram (SSRI) great few months, recently hit a slump and had dose increased
Everyone reacts differently to AD's, what side effects one person may have, another may not, and what is successful for some folk may not be for others.
It is very hit and miss
I wish you good luck

Emma1027
08-01-16, 10:54
Thank you. It's still helpful to know and to be able to talk through it. I've gathered that in time people have to change medication or the dosage as it changes over time making it less effective. I know some people suffer with side effects so it's finding one that suits.

Randara
08-01-16, 16:54
Hey Emma, there are loads of posts on the medication boards under the sertraline thread if you haven't seen already? I've been prescribed it too, but as I am in a pretty good place at the moment I'm not going to take it. Hope it goes well for you x