PDA

View Full Version : Bad night last night

damianjmcgrath
08-01-16, 09:51
I used to post here fairly regularly but I've actually had a good few months. Seemed to be on the road to recovery or at least, things seemed less severe.

Last night was a bad time though, the first time in a while that I felt scared again. Everything seemed fine when I went to bed, I actually felt comfortable and relaxed and remember thinking to myself how nice that feeling was. I woke up at 415 with a weird feeling in my chest and noticeably fast heartbeats, like my upper chest was shaking. I could feel other parts of my body beating quickly too, like my stomach. I assume that's caused my blood pressure increase.

I fell back asleep but woke again at 515 with a faster beating body and hot flushes - the uncomfortable sticky hotness I went downstairs, and could really feel my body shaking with how quick it seemed to be beating. It felt like I couldn't control it. I didn't have a pulse machine but I'd guess over 100 easily. It was the fastest I'd had.

I then got a bad stomach and had to go to the toilet, and without going into details, it was like I had a stomach bug. I felt slightly better after so went back to the front room and tried to sleep on the sofa. I got about an hour sleep.

This morning, I woke up feeling a bit shaky, faint and out of sorts. Didn't feel strong, if that makes sense. My heart felt ok though. I took my pulse on the machine to see what was going on and it came back as 55. Blood pressure was 112/72.

I sat there for 10 minutes and did it again, and it was pulse 61, pressure 116/75.

Ten minutes later, it had gone up to 66.

I still feel a bit faint and shaky now I've gone into work. Had a banana and porridge for breakfast and feel slightly better - able to function at work - but still not 100% right.

This came out of nowhere for me, and its got me worried about my heart going to extremes - from probably 100+ to 55 seems a big change. I'm absolutely not an athlete, and my usual pulse is between 70-80.

55 is very low for me, and obviously coupled with the faint feeling has got me worried.

I can't see the doctor because there's little they can do unless they catch it in the act!

Do people think it could just be anxiety playing silly games? What are rational explanations? I was thinking maybe I had a dodgy stomach, causing bad dreams (that I don't remember) and a fast heart? And maybe the low pulse in the morning was due to lack of sleep and no food yet?

Can people offer any comments or thoughts? I'm normally good at dealing with anxiety symptoms now but this was unusual.