PDA

View Full Version : Hello:)

philn
08-01-16, 09:51
Hello:?) Like a few others, I've lurked here for a few days before taking the plunge too. The articles I've read have been really useful though I feel a bit fraudulent as other people's problems are so much more than mine.Looking back, I've suffered with anxiety for about the last ten years - it may have been caused by redundancy as well as medical problems over the last seven years.
I had a big anxiety attack this week over a problem with work (I work for myself and am a complete perfectionist was well as having that useless feeling) so its very important to me. That's why I'm trying to help myself without GPs. It was a bad one and for the last two days I've hidden away and I always seem to turn to alcohol as it always seems better when I drink. Sorry for the long intro. I'm looking for similar people to talk through and any ideas about self help treatment and programmes about CBT online or through mentoring. Thanks for listening.

venusbluejeans
08-01-16, 09:57
Hiya philn and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: