PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

katyfitz
08-01-16, 13:57
Just out of curiosity does anyone else obsess constantly that they know it's something serious going on with them but they don't want to go to the Drs as don't want to be told bad news? Also does anyone stop rationalising about one thing and feel there body for something else I worry about?

Wickers
08-01-16, 14:24
Hello,

Yes, everybody on this forum will have these feelings. Your first bit is called catastrophizing. That is, you think the worst will always happen (cognitive).

The second part in feeling for lumps etc in your body is the behavioural part. When you keep feeling for lumps you will end out with a pain in that area because of the constant prodding.

This is where CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) works as it deals with these problems.

Your feelings are very common and can be dealt with. The constant worry becomes an illness worse than the things that you are worrying about.

Sam Winter
08-01-16, 14:28
yes it happens to me alot especially fearing going to the docs, i always assume i'm gonna have a bloodtest for everything and get told bad news x

rb1978
08-01-16, 15:19
Yes I can totally relate to this. Going through a spell of being convinced I have either a brain tumour or sinus cancer at the moment but darent go to the doctor for fear of bad news. I had the same symptoms before a few years ago and it took weeks before I would even book an appointment. And it was just sinus problems after all that.

I also get nervous of going to the doctor because of fear of germs...as well as bad news. I get scared I'll catch something from someone.

katyfitz
08-01-16, 15:55
It's like a complete vicious circle we are in x

Sam Winter
09-01-16, 02:53
if i have a moment where i'm worrying about something i can't go up the docs as i'm terrified of what might happen lol i got sent up the hospital once to check if my side pain was down to appendicitis i wanted to cry the whole time and i still got sent home without finding out what causes my side so i'm guessing its down to my periods, still a nightmare though lol, i'm glad i'm getting a little better x

tan235
09-01-16, 03:53
I have this all the time, in fact I could make a list, and sometimes i actually TRY to find something if If everythign is ok.

I recently got a colonography done which was clear, so now I've gone to my brain or my stomach - if that comes back clear, I'd find something else.
Sometimes it might just be a splinter - but that could cause blood poisoning if I dont get it out or Lock Jaw... it's constant and awful.

Haylee.a
09-01-16, 09:57
All the time Hun!!! Although since being on medication I'm
Tons better but when I'm
Due on I get worse again! This time round hasn't helped
E out because I'm 4 days late not pregnant so convinced it's something serious again .........

Diva
10-01-16, 08:55
I can totally relate the point about not wanting to go to the Dr for fear of bad news - most HA sufferers seem to be able to be able to visit the Dr frequently and submit to tests but I just can't, even 'though I know early diagnosis and treatment is so important in dealing with the conditions we all fear.