PDA

View Full Version : haemorrhoids

pinky260
08-01-16, 15:09
Sorry for the tmi

every since my last pregnancy ive suffered with piles. They don't bother me much usually but i seem to have a 'flare up' every now & then. I have ibs & have been struggling to 'go' for a few days. On one of them days it hurt a bit & i knew there would be blood when i wiped & there was. After that the past few days after going there has been a drop or 2 of fresh red blood & i feel a bit sore/ irritated in that area. Been using annusol & it does help. I can feel one of the piles (sorry) im going to the dr next week but in the meantime has anyone had the same? I'm a terrible worrier ive convinced myself ive got the big c so no scary replies please

chrissie x

Fishmanpa
08-01-16, 15:20
Why would anyone reply with a scary thing when you've given the explanation yourself?

Positive thoughts

pinky260
08-01-16, 15:26
Yes you're right ☺ a bit of reasurance really helps me, but thanks x

Fishmanpa
08-01-16, 15:54
Yes you're right ☺ a bit of reasurance really helps me, but thanks x

The best reassurance is self reassurance ;) You know exactly what this is and why it's happening and actually have felt the physical proof. Do you really need others to affirm this?

Positive thoughts

Jamesk
08-01-16, 16:03
Sorry for the tmi

every since my last pregnancy ive suffered with piles. They don't bother me much usually but i seem to have a 'flare up' every now & then. I have ibs & have been struggling to 'go' for a few days. On one of them days it hurt a bit & i knew there would be blood when i wiped & there was. After that the past few days after going there has been a drop or 2 of fresh red blood & i feel a bit sore/ irritated in that area. Been using annusol & it does help. I can feel one of the piles (sorry) im going to the dr next week but in the meantime has anyone had the same? I'm a terrible worrier ive convinced myself ive got the big c so no scary replies please

chrissie x

I do the same Chrissie and it's often when I strain a bit (sorry folks) so its obvious to me where the blood is from and its bright red and its very infrequent, but when I see it I still freak out. I think it's just how we are.

pinky260
08-01-16, 16:17
The best reassurance is self reassurance ;) You know exactly what this is and why it's happening and actually have felt the physical proof. Do you really need others to affirm this?

Positive thoughts

Thanks i know you are right. I doubt myself & just need someone else to say it sometimes, think thats just the way health anxiety works for some of us.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

I do the same Chrissie and it's often when I strain a bit (sorry folks) so its obvious to me where the blood is from and its bright red and its very infrequent, but when I see it I still freak out. I think it's just how we are.

Thank you. It really does help to hear someone else say they have had the same.

WorryWortAgain
08-01-16, 23:25
Yep, I have them just the same and they've been worse after my 2nd child 2 years ago. I'm thinking about having them removed. They're not really painful just annoying and I don't want to deal with them for the rest of my life. Don't worry about this!

MyNameIsTerry
09-01-16, 05:26
I've had roids since my early twenties so heading for 20 years now. They come & go and to be honest they haven't caused many issues since I hit my thirties and that's when my anxiety started. I've never been pregnant though, I just look it now :winks: Besides it would have been a medical miracle for me :biggrin: but it's supposed to be common in pregnancy with all the pushing and in my case it was due to weightlifting for the same reason. It's common in lifters too.

I've had soreness after straining or after episodes of the runs which also causes them to inflame. Some people have bleeding when they drink alcohol, although this never happened to me despite my drinking days as a younger man. I have had mucus a lot, again it's all the straining and loose episodes where this tends to come along. Blood on the paper is common, you are wiping a bleeding roid that comes from the straining or the roughness of the wiping itself as they are sensitive.

The Anusol helped so there is a big clue there too. But there are other treatments and I found some much better than Anusol. The steroid "foam" one is excellent and the best thing I have tried. I hated suppositories though, quite frankly you can stick them up your :biggrin:

pinky260
09-01-16, 17:28
Thank you both, made me feel loads better.

I've booked in to the dr for Tuesday anyway as they are quite uncomfortable & I think I might need something stronger than anusol.

I'm feeling much less worried now- thanks again x