PDA

View Full Version : Private GP for sore breast

Anxietysufferer92
08-01-16, 19:14
I went to the doctors to interpret my blood tests I had taken and he said they was all normal. He said CEA will always have very little because it is a mucous membrane and they only worry if it is excessively high.

I also mentioned about my breast and back, which has been agony for a week! Literally. Agonising. My aerola and nipple is so, so sore and my whole L breast feels heavy and the shoulder blade on the L side is very painful too with shooting deep pains going through it. He looked at my breast and said he is not concerned, and I said I do not feel any lumps - then he said most likely it is hormonal or a fungal infection and gave my cream.

I still don't feel satisfied so I called a private GP who said they can do a referral on the NHS to do a mammogram and put my mind at ease. I simply will not relax until all of this is over :(

Thank you all for being there for me on this difficult journey so far! :hugs:

KeeKee
08-01-16, 20:03
Thank you for replying to my post.
I too have had breast pain in my left breast. I had an exam from the GP and like you, no lumps were found. My pain is a sharp shooting pain. Could the pain not be friction? Could your hormones not be out of whack at the moment? I was told that hormones can change even without an imbalance. You may get breast pain out of the blue when you never had it before. I was also told breast pain doesn't indicate cancer, it's usually due to a cyst or duct. I feel like a mammogram may be the only option if you cannot get this fear out of your mind, but as you've only had the pain for a week, it may still subside. My right breast feels very heavy and when I am due hurts a lot more than the other, I was told that was hormonal as it's also lumpy (but not actual lumps if that makes sense).