PDA

View Full Version : Narcolepsy fears.. Ongoing for months

K90
08-01-16, 21:57
Hi everyone

You might remember my previous thread about my fear of having narcolepsy. Basically because I have been nodding off in class occasionally and taking a nap a day, usually. Also, I get these scary episodes very sporadically (it's happened maybe 10 times in my whole life) where I feel like I am half sleeping or going to fall asleep and my legs are going to give out if I don't sit down right away. This only has happened after I have woken up though, either in the middle of the night or after a nap.
I've always had dizziness but I decided to google "dizziness and narcolepsy" which was a bad idea, I know but now I am wondering if the dizziness is fatigue/sleepiness because i don't actually feel sleepy or tired most of the time. With the dizziness comes the sensation of not being fully "there", like I don't know what I am doing.
I have been stressing out about narcolepsy for the last 4 months or so. Any input?

K90
10-01-16, 00:49
Yesterday was a good day.
I wasn't tired really at all and stayed up until about 1 AM watching TV and such. Today, I am so fatigued and have already napped twice. Really short naps but still. I feel this huge weight because I am so convinced that I have this disorder.