PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

FamilyMan
09-01-16, 00:33
Hi... its me... I'm 38 and Scottish.

I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attack in February 2015, but I think I was maybe suffering from low levels of anxiety for at least a year or two prior to that.

The night before my diagnosis I had been on the phone to NHS Direct due to chest weirdness and limb trembling. They said I had caught a bug and not to worry, but that didn't fit my symptoms as I had no temperature so I just worried more. I was fearing heart failure. I wasn't sure I'd make it through the night. I was apart from my family and worried they might not know how much I love them so I left them messages. I also updated Facebook and Twitter with statuses that made me seem more mature and appealing than I actually am because that's where the media seem to get their quotes about the recently deceased these days. Awake til 5am and alarm set at hourly intervals in case I did drop off for fear I'd not wake up. Survived to the morning (of course). Straight to the GP first thing. He already had an anxiety leaflet on his desk when I arrived. I guess the receptionist had passed on details of my symptoms.

The anxiety diagnosis was a relief and calmed me.

But now the symptoms come and go. When they come, its pretty bad. I find reading other people's stories on here calming, so thanks to all contributors.

venusbluejeans
09-01-16, 00:38
Hiya FamilyMan and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zim
09-01-16, 17:58
Welcome Familyman. :hugs:

You've come to the right place. Great community and you will feel right at home.

Good luck.