PDA

View Full Version : still here and still breathing...

imfineokay
09-01-16, 02:00
My last few posts have been on my bowel cancer fear. Honestly I think this is the worst fear out of all of the ones that came before it because of how long and how many panics I got myself into. I've been worrying about this since September last year and I am wondering, would I be dead or very sick by now? It's Been a good 4 months since this fear began, roughly how long would it take for me to feel it/die? I know no one here as a doctor or whatever but maybe someone would know? This is the only thing I worry about anymore and it's so ooo hard to let go of this one.

angrry
09-01-16, 02:20
hi...I am going through the same fear and have been since July...I wonder the same..wouldn't I be much sicker by now if I had colon cancer.....I am currently waiting to hear when I will go for a colonoscopy...my doctor doesn't seem to be too worried..I have seen him several times about this fear and my symptoms...honestly I just don't know what to do any more. What does your doctor say about your symptoms and fear?

Fishmanpa
09-01-16, 02:25
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Based on that "fact" what is the answer?

Positive thoughts

artist12
09-01-16, 02:39
I wonder the same thing. I have been having these same thoughts with worries of throat or neck cancer. It's been 6 months here and I can't say that things have gotten worse. But the fact that it hasn't gone AWAY is still keeping me in a vicious HA cycle.

Positive thoughts to you.

imfineokay
09-01-16, 03:08
My doctor thinks nothing is wrong and it's just what I'm eating since none of the tests proved otherwise. I am literally waiting month by month and it sucks. And throat cancer? that was one of my fears too! I'm over it now but I know exactly what u mean, if it's been 6 months then I think that's a good sign. It's been nearly a year since the sorry started with my first fears which was mouth/throat cancer and I wish I could just go back and stop the thing that started this from happening, but hey that's in the past and I've wasted nearly a year that I will never get back. That vicious circle is a real pain in the brain.

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 ----------

And I'm only wondering IF I had it would I be ill by now. (This might be Too much info and disgusting) Whenever I go to the toilet I sometimes think I see blood, like the other day I saw a black part on a stool and I still have no idea if it was blood or not, I did eat cabbage the other day so I'm still trying to tell myself it was that but I think I will never know and I will be left wondering for ages and I want enough time to pass where I can say that nothing is wrong, but the problem is, I have no idea how long I gotta wait... :unsure: