PDA

View Full Version : OMG how long until the horrible side effects wear off!!

Shazamataz
09-01-16, 06:29
Day 24 Citalopram and have had the worst panic for hours this afternoon. The buzzing/trembling side effect is doing my head in

And am starting to wonder if it's actually going to help?

I've been on it before with no issues.

Now I am hardly sleeping (get 2-4 hours with zopiclone) and then every time I try to rest I get this horrible trembling sensation in my whole body, but mostly my arms and have a bit of a heatwave. Hard to describe but it's like having electricity pumping through me and the only way to ease it is to move but I'm so exhausted :(

The doctor said it could be a side effect (which will wear off) or it could be anxiety and that's the most help I can get.

Any ideas? Feeling desperate today :(

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

PS I've posted another thread about diazepam. I've ended up becoming tolerant of it as this has all been going on for three months so I am now under instructions to keep taking it in the meantime but to absolutely NOT increase my dose and so am no longer getting any relief from it at all :(

HATH
10-01-16, 19:02
I'm going through something similar albeit for a lot shorter time frame on the Cit but my anxiety symptoms are the reason I'm on it so hopefully this will help.

Firstly to get to sleep I actually use some youtube video: 30 Minute Deep Sleep Music: Relaxing Music, Meditation Music, Soothing Music, Calming Music ☯926B (cannot post links yet)

It's calming and once you're tuned into it you can drift.

Again if I wake up in the night I usually note the time, sip some water and repeat the process. I'm averaging 7/8 hours a night with one or two wake ups.

Shazamataz
10-01-16, 19:50
I'm going through something similar albeit for a lot shorter time frame on the Cit but my anxiety symptoms are the reason I'm on it so hopefully this will help.

Firstly to get to sleep I actually use some youtube video: 30 Minute Deep Sleep Music: Relaxing Music, Meditation Music, Soothing Music, Calming Music ☯926B (cannot post links yet)

It's calming and once you're tuned into it you can drift.

Again if I wake up in the night I usually note the time, sip some water and repeat the process. I'm averaging 7/8 hours a night with one or two wake ups.

I think I'm beyond that :( I took myself to hospital yesterday morning as felt so ill, really dehydrated and nauseous. They decided I may be reacting badly to the seretonin (despite being on it before) and have switched me to mirtazipine. This sent me to sleep last night but only for 3 hours and I'm a trembling mess all over again.

Am worried we have done so much messing with my brain chemistry I will never get rid of these terrible feelings and never cope again :(

Like you, I was on this for anxiety attacks but now I have anxiety 24/7 so it's not really done any good. I know it takes a while to kick in but couldn't stand it any more. Lack of sleep/food etc making me more ill. I'd rather go back to the panic attacks than this.

mark84
11-01-16, 12:51
Talk to your GP, they can help you decide wether to keep pushing through with citalopram or opt for one of the MANY other anti-depressants out there :) You'll be ok!

Meewah
11-01-16, 20:24
It will get sooooo much better after 3 months hold on.

Shazamataz
12-01-16, 00:28
It will get sooooo much better after 3 months hold on.

I wasn't able to hold on. Ended up in hospital badly dehydrated and in such a state they decided my body couldn't handle the SSRI and have been switched to Mirtazipine. 2 days and feeling a little better already!