PDA

View Full Version : What if I cannot go back to work?

CoraB
09-01-16, 11:41
So I've been signed off work by my doctor and my health anxiety, OCD and depression are really bad. I'm so worried about losing our house and not being able to afford things if I don't manage to go back to work. I am on my last months full pay from work and then I will get a couple of months half pay but what happens from there?

I'm worried about renewing our mortgage which is due later this year and if I'm not working or on long term sick will they refuse us.

I'm so scared all these possibilities going around my head that I can't even focus on looking after myself or trying to get better with it all hanging over my head.

Anyone in a similar position / been here?

MyNameIsTerry
09-01-16, 11:49
Does your mortgage include medical cover to allow you some time on the repayments?

Linda 10
09-01-16, 18:09
I have suffered panic and anxiety for yearswood often worry about our mortgage so over the years any savings we had I tried to pay our. Mortgage of bit by bit We live in alittle terraced house it needs up dating so have to get loans to to this Ian off sick at the moment and have a few months left on my sick pay from work .this happens to me every few years so if we have no money and can not pay our loan we still have aroof over our head I am a crafter and at the minute trying to sell craft items on eBay to pay credit card off its all a big worry I know hope u feel better soon

CoraB
10-01-16, 10:15
I have some medical cover that will pay for up to 12 months but there is a 3 month wait time before I can claim on it. My husband does work but we can only just cover the bills with his wage and I heard that on mortgage renewals they check "affordability"?!