PDA

View Full Version : Coming off sertraline

kim!!
09-01-16, 16:21
Hi I'm coming off sertraline I was 100mg then went down to 50mg now iv stopped taking it for a week till I start my new tabs! Iv started to feel faint again it's really freaking me out because I don't want to go bk like I was before I will not cope going through that again!
Any advice would be great!! Thanks

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 05:43
What are you switching to, Kim?

Shazamataz
10-01-16, 07:37
I expect you are stopping sertraline because it's not working? So hopefully the coming off effects will be worth it to find something better - though it's not much fun - hang in there!

kim!!
10-01-16, 10:08
I think she said fluxatine or something like that, it's really weird though because this morning I feel a lot happier iv got no pain my heart still flutters or whatever it does lol just don't want to jinx myself coz it could all go downhill

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

No they wasn't working looking back now they was making me worse! Thanks for replying :D

MyNameIsTerry
10-01-16, 12:58
It might be Prozac then. There is another similiar sounding one to what you mention though.

It's good to hear you feel better off them. You were struggling so much Kim and now it's obvious it was the med because you certainly wouldn't feel better coming off them if your original anxiety was still bad underneath.

Why are they waiting a week? Although I think this might have been a good thing given what you have discovered. :yesyes::yahoo:

Try not to judge things right now, just see how it goes.

kim!!
10-01-16, 23:26
I can't remember what she actually said lol, I was really struggling like I said the only thing bothering me now is feeling quite dizzy a lot but feel a lot happier! What's prozac? I'm trying not to get ahead of myself

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

There weaning me off the sertraline had to do a week on 50mg then a week of not taking any meds

Princess23
12-01-16, 19:32
Hi Hun did you experience the dizziness when starting the sertraline as that's what I am having trouble with... Is the Prozac for anxiety, if it is I am surprised they are giving that too you as that's what started my panic attacks 23 yrs ago and a physchologist told me that Prozac is not ideal for people with anxiety but then again they all have there different views.. I hope you find the right med soon xx