PDA

View Full Version : ready meal indigestion

sunflower lady
09-01-16, 20:43
Hi everyone. Could anyone advice me please? Does anyone suffer from bad indigestion? I don't think I've had it before but had a chicken and potato ready meal tonight and afterwards had full painful feeling in upper abdomen. I have been eating very small portions recently because of possible gallbladder pain in back. Maybe it was too heavy for my stomach. Is there anything I can take to help? What about drinking a lot of water?
I do have a lot of stress at present as I am disabled and am caring for my autistic son. Thanks everyone!:bighug1::bighug1:

2Anxious
09-01-16, 21:10
The only thing I know of would be Gaviscon which is like a miracle for me. Not too sure about home remedies but I'm sure someone will have advice for you. I've had my gallbladder out and when I had an 'attack' it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. It could be discomfort from that aswell if the meal was high in fat.

Em.ma
09-01-16, 21:14
Try some milk if you have some. Do you have any gaviscon that's good to

Sam Winter
09-01-16, 22:36
gaviscon, rennies, milk may help, herbal teas if you have any,
i'm an ongoing sufferer from indigestion lol x

lindadiana
09-01-16, 23:31
I always use bicarbonate of soda,as did my parents and grandparents

sunflower lady
10-01-16, 00:02
Thankyou so much for all my replies. I am going to try some of the suggestions given. Feeling a bit better now. Going to continue with drinking more water and maybe buy some Gaviscon too. Thinking of all of you out there with anxiety tonight and hoping you have a better day tomorrow.:hugs:

luxxinterior
10-01-16, 00:08
Hi... I have a hiateus hernia which means I need Nexium (esomeprazole) every day to control acid and discomfort. I would recommend any equivalent you can get your hands on... Ive never looked back :)

sunflower lady
10-01-16, 21:39
thanks,luxxinterior, for your reply.will look into that:yesyes: