PDA

View Full Version : Truly scared of having a blood clot :(

WolfGurl65
10-01-16, 00:26
Hello everyone, I am in a bit of an anxiety crisis at the moment
:(

I am an 18 year old female who has been resting on and off in bed due to a recent wisdom tooth removal to which I was limited to walking much since it the pain was very strong in my mouth to move so I was in bed majority of the time but still made a little time to walk around during the day.

About an hour ago I noticed that my right calf started to feel a bit tighter and heavier for some reason and I'm worried that it might be a blood clot. Although is it possible to have such tightness during someone's period as well? I have always had anxiety and blood clots are one of my top worries and even though I don't feel any pain, abnormal warmth, discoloration, or swelling, it just scares me a bit.

Any thoughts?

Bookcrazy
10-01-16, 11:50
Good morning!
Sorry to hear about your tooth troubles! Wisdom teeth pain! Jeez! No worse pain!

My name is Rachel and I'm also 18. Blood clots is my number 1 HA problem.
Yes. You are correct that during your period your legs do become heavy and tight.
I had a tightness and heaviness in my right calf during my period just last week that lasted 2 days! :mad:

With you having no pain, swelling, redness, warmth ext I'd say its your old friend anxiety rearing it's head again!
Of course, keep an eye on it over these next few days, but for now try and distract yourself from thinking about it. Try concentrating on another part if your body like your head, and you may start to feel the worry from your leg ease.

Have a good day!! :roflmao: xx

tiredofthis14
10-01-16, 19:26
i know how u feel hun this is my number one worry too and i too have it at the moment with no swelling heat or redness think it is our minds you know you havent been as active but your 18 hun its rare